Monday, May 31, 2010

Have you seen one of THESE ....???

Do you remember way back when we bought the coke coca~cola collection from the sweet older couple who needed to sell their treasures and move???? Well.........on Saturday while we were at an estate sale they called and said they sold their home and while packing found the leaf to the table we bought and wanted to know if we were interested in the AWESOME china cabinet with the Indian head carved on it...On the way there we had decided on a price that we were willing to pay for it. She asked "what is your offer" hubby told her, she countered and hubby countered to the price we were willing to pay and they accepted. WOW...so.....
have anyone of you ever seen one like this????? If you have, please email me with all the information you have. Thank you.


Here it is in the living room with some of our collections in it. Do you see that the drawers are curved?!! Since hubby didn't get me a birthday or anniversary gift and his birthday is in Sept...it's the gift for all the above :) The glass on the cabinet is also curved.




I recently won a giveaway that Anne at Fiona & Twig had. It's the book above and I haven't had time to really look at it. THANK YOU, Anne !!! I so LOVE BOOKS!!! It was wrapped in "Paris" paper too.

Cory aka Dogwood sent me this "Victorian" friendship strings. They are also called "button strings, charm strings or memory strings" It's so cool. THANK YOU, Cory :) She made it and included the story with it. I'm thinking this would make a great gift...hummm, maybe a Christmas idea!!!









Dear Daughter giving her speech at her BFF wedding on Friday evening. They have been friends since 4th grade. I had tears in my eyes :) The pizza and salad bar was served on linen tables and there was cupcakes and DQ ice cream cups. DD caught the bridal bouquet...!!!
Yesterday I worked in the front flower garden...put down plastic and mulch. Have 2 more areas to do...more work than I thought it would be. However looks better than all those weeds :)
Hung the sheets outside today...yummy fresh sheet tonight for bed! It's a bit of heaven, I think!
Remember when hubby and I helped with that estate sale, pricing all those wonderful Victorian treasures...well...I got a phone call today and the house is packed and they want to have another sale and would I be willing to "work" for treasures instead of $$$....YES!!!!!!!!!!!! So, tomorrow I'll be out there pricing things and getting ready for another sale. It's rather sad that she won't have many of her treasures with her at the nursing home...
Well... I have more things to tell you..however this post is long enough....
I hope you all had a lovely long weekend. The weather was/is perfect here...
More soon!
Warmly,
Deb :)

21 comments:

Abby Rogers said...

I was browsing through profiles and found yours. We seem to have similar interests; maybe you would be interested in my blog! I am a homeschooler, and hold some unique views on life. On my blog I express those views, post recipes, book reviews, and try to entertain and interest whatever small audience I might have. Take a peek, you might like what you find:

http://differenthomeschoolgirl.blogspot.com/

Linda said...

Love that china cabinet it looks so unique. I hope someone can give you some info on it. Wow!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

The china cabinet is amazing and I am so jealous that you get to work for treasures. Last weekend I hung sheets out to dry and the whole bedroom smelled like the fresh outdoors, your right Yummy

Carol

Linda said...

Wow, Deb~ I've never seen a cabinet like it! Maybe it was a one-of-kind custom piece! It will be fun to see if anyone has any info for you! Great find!

Shanda said...

I have never seen one like that but, wow, it is a beauty. I would wait for a present like that any day!!!!

peggy aplSEEDS said...

i love reading about found treasures like your china cabinet. and working for treasure sounds fantastic!

Theresa said...

Oh Deb, what a beautiful treasure and NO I have never seen one like that! You are having too much fun up there WITHOUT ME, boo hoo! I would love to be right in there working on that stuff for the Estate Sale. I would much rather have STUFF than money, it's about the same when your turn right around and spend the money... right?

OK, your daughter is gorgeous and I love the way her friend is looking at her.

Enjoy your day Deb, I know you will:) HUGS!

Charlotte said...

What a deal! I think my sister has something similar to this. She has a house full of goodies and I need to visit and take pictures.

Creative Breathing said...

Deb, What an amazing piece of furniture! I have never seen anything like it. I can just feel through your words how thrilled you are to be it's proud new owner! Congratulations! Elizabeth PS, Your daughter looks so cute in peach!

Elyse said...

maybe a google image search can help you find details about the cabinet.

looks like lots of fun going on in your neck of the woods!

happy june ~*~

xo
elyse

Diane said...

Wow what a wonderful Antique you all scored on that one. I don't know much about furniture sorry I cannot help, but it sure looks minty! Hugs, Diane

Sher said...

Deb, that is a gorgeous piece! And it looks wonderful holding your items! Congratulations!
Hugs,
Sher

Queenie said...

Hey Deb!
Girl, that cabinet is beautiful! No, I haven't ever seen anything like it before...I know you are thrilled with it and your treasures look so pretty inside too.

Oh and that digger sale you talked about staying at for an hour digging for treasures, sounds like my kind of fun! :) Wonderful finds you found there! Love those yellow chairs! Those are really cute.
Hope you have a beautiful week Deb!
Big Hugs,
Queenie

Rosie said...

Deb, what a beautiful cabinet! I've never seen one like it. Going back to price that Estate Sale again??? You lucky Girl! I can't wait to see the new photos!
rosie

Olivia~ said...

Oh wow, the cabinet is beautiful... now that is a unique find. What a darling post.
hugs,
Olivia

Janiece said...

I do not think I have ever seen a cabnet like that.
It is AMAZING!

congrats on your gifts and wins...awesome!

goldenbird said...

What an unusual china cabinet. I hope you are able to find out more about it.

Sounds like there are lots of wonderful things going on in your life. Congrats on winning the giveaway, and Cory's button strings are very cute.

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

What an incredible piece of furniture! Love it!

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

bee'nme said...

Your posts are never too long...love the tales of all your happenings and adventures Deb! I've never seen a china cabinet like that before....gorgeous! Glad you kept it for your home! Maybe I should stand on the street corner and hold up a sign that says "Will work for Junk" - maybe I could get a sweet gig like yours?!! :o) Sounds like an awesome/fun wedding - your daughter is beautiful! Your shop space is looking awesome, btw!

Happy sailing this weekend!

Hugs & Blessings,
Becky

Debi said...

Love all of your post!! Sounds like you have been very busy!! Hope you had loads of fun pricing all of the goodies, looking forward to seeing what you came home with. And yes I am with you, that is sure to be sad for little lady not to have some of her lovely items with her in the nursing home!! :(
Have a wonderfully blessed day dear.
Debi xo

Stella said...

What a wonderful desk. I wonder if it was custom made for someone. I never seen anything like the carving. Hope someone can give you some history it would be so interesting to know more.

What fun to work for treasures.