Sunday, June 20, 2010

Busy Weekend :)

Flowers from the yard :) Sweet and so pretty!
This sweet little dog is iron and reminds me of Jackson Brown. He was 2.00 and the iron pieces behind him are for shelves. A few fun finds this weekend :) This was my favorite find.

Darling towels. I may have to keep a couple of them. I'm such a linen lover. They are in perfect condition too.


Some paper fun. The BINGO cards have Red Owl on them. Never seen that before. Yes...you do see vintage decal labels. I even put one on a jar. The birdie one. I'll show you later..forgot to take a photo.

I'll so you more goodies later also. It was a pretty good estate sale on Saturday. Heard there is a really good sale on Friday...it even says "hoarder" in the ad and Antiques under the piles of stuff. Very interesting!!!
Friday went very well at HQ. BUSY!!!! Saturday back to HQ for the BBQ and BUSY!!!! Today back to HQ to pack up treasures that were outside in the yard. I could tell things sold. Not the dresser/hutch or the sweet pink bench...and that's okay. There is a sale every month :)
We had a quick BBQ tonight as hubby had to go to his census meeting and he thinks it's the last one...I hope so also. Maybe our nights will get back to "normal".
Saturday was Jackson Brown's 3rd birthday. We went on a nice walk and then he had a new chewy/rawhide. Mack too :) Speaking of dogs...we are looking for another one. Been reading the paper and nothing yet...Yes...we are a little dog crazy. Still missing our Scout and with Mack going on 13 years...it's time to add to the family.
We had tornado's' on Thursday and they did some terrible damage to homes and farms. 2 people died..one man who saved his daughter's life as he laid on top of her when the tornado came...we are fine as they were out in the country.
I hope you enjoyed your weekend.
Warmly,
Deb :)

15 comments:

Protector of Vintage said...

We used to shop at a Red Owl grocery store when I was growing-up. Love the treasures you found.

Linda said...

Hi Deb~ I'll bet the Red Owl bingo cards must have been from a store promotion- fun! Glad your sale went well~ your room looks great! You really found some great goodies~ I love the iron pieces! It was really sad all the damage and loss of life for the tornadoes...life changes in an instant!

Shirl said...

Hello Deb, Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment about my teatime/cupcake guest bedroom. Love your cute post. Those embroidered towels are to die for! So glad your sale went well. Your flowers are so pretty too. So sorry to read about the tornadoes.
Blessings, Shirl
Shirls Rose Cottage

Terra said...

You found more treasures, and the linens are fun: housework is for the birds, etc. The iron dog is cute too.

Home and Heart said...

I wish I could shop with you!! Darling finds!!

~~Carol~~ said...

So glad you didn't have any damage from the tornadoes! I hate that summertime means tornado season...
I just love those towels you found, and you have to at least keep that one on the bottom there. I think we can all agree that housework is definitely for the birds!
Happy Monday!
Carol

Theresa said...

Oh I want it all. Love the bingo cards and I have never seen those either! I hope you made lots if moolah. My estate sale sign will probably say hoarder too:). Have a great day my friend. Hugs

rosechicfriends said...

Hello my sweet friend!
Oh How I have missed visiting you! Been such a busy past month and don't even know where to begin! I am so glad to be able to just have a moment to get to visit my sweet blogging friends!

Hope all is well with you...the job search is still on, dd just graduated and summer is upon us.

Wishing you a blessed week my friend!
Lorena

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The little towels are just precious! Hope this week has better weather and less storms for the country! Glad you are safe! ♥

Margaret Cloud said...

I like the looks of your room. Your sales items are very nice and you always seem to find the nicest things at sales. Have a nice week.

The Vintage Attic said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, I enjoy meeting othere bloggers. I'm also a new follower of your blog now. So glad to hear all is well after that tornado. Just love the tea towels, never seen any that had that design on them, I have some that say Mon., Tues., Wed.,..... Have a great week!

Melissa

Queenie said...

Hey Deb,
Those towels are precious that you found...I'll agree with the "Housework is for the Birds" towel LOL!
Happy Birthday to Jackson Brown...give him a hug okay?! Hope you find a pooch to add to the family soon.
Sorry to hear about the tornadoes in your area...I know that was scary. Glad you all were okay.
Big Hugs,
Queenie

goldenbird said...

Lots of great treasures as usual, Deb. I like that little iron dog. How wonderful you are going to get a new dog. I am only allowed two cats in my apartment or I would probably adopt a few more.

Thank goodness you weren't touched by the tornado.

Anne - Fiona and Twig said...

I've learned that if it says hoarders in the ad, you DEFINITELY need to get there ASAP!

Great finds!

Hugs,
Anne

Lynn Stevens said...

oh you do have an eye for great things! how fun are those cards and towels!
I'm so sorry to hear of the tornado
and loss of lives. It must be really scary when they happen! Glad your o.k!