Thursday, June 10, 2010

Recent finds and FRUSTRATED!!!!!!!!

She was bought at an garage sale and is in my room this month with the pink bench under it.

The pink bench and red chair will be in my room this month. I'm doing a pink "fluffy" room along with some Red, White and Blue!! My room is more like an little antique store. Some of the gals have more "themed" rooms which look lovely.



These are a few recent finds. The book above is "SIGNED" by Alexandra :) and bought at the thrift store :) Thankfully they were taken with the old 3 pixel camera.
I am VERY FRUSTRATED with dial-up and my new camera. It takes awesome photos which is what I wanted. The up loading is taking over an hour..really, longer... I just give up after an hour! I don't have that kind of time to wait!!! The old, not working camera will be sent back to Cannon to be fixed, no charge!!! Waiting to get the "paperwork" from them to send it in. SO...I'm stuck without any new photos. I do have things to show you that have been "waiting" in a file. Timing is everything!
Hubby said he will look into the high speed network thingy....it's an cost issue for him...which I get...sort of. He also gets frustrated when he is working at home and the computer is SO SLOW!!
Tomorrow is the last day of school for Kailee...this fall 2nd grade :) I'll have her on Tuesdays and Wednesday during the summer break.
I'm still taking photos with the new camera! Maybe I'll print the photos, scan them and then upload them...hummmm...I'll figure something out and hopefully hubby will get going on the high speed thing.
Not sure of the plans for the weekend. Same old story with the yard...needs mowing, gardens still need weeding, rain is expected for the weekend and maybe a estate sale or 2.. We think we should take a break from estate sales and the house is FULL!!!
That's the news here. Enjoy your weekend.
Warmly,
Deb :)

19 comments:

Shanda said...

I came to read why ou are so frustrated and I can't se the story or the pictures of your recent finds. Hope all is well with you, Abby and I are trying our best here in Missouri to stay cool.

Lisa said...

Is blogger giving you issues? I know it has been crazy this week! Hope all is ok!
Hugs, Lisa

Kim's Treasures said...

Hmmm...hope all is well...can't see a post.

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Hi Deb, everything must be fixed now, I see your post and the pictures just fine! Twyla

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love all the pretty things you find but today I was trying to find a place for a couple of 'new' items in the kitchen and realized I can't cram another thing into my cabinets! lol I need to take a break from the Thrift store...oh, I will miss it though! ♥

Theresa said...

Oh Deb, you have gotta get high speed! It is the best and you can't deal with the dial-up! Go for it, it really isn't that expensive! Love your goodies for your booth. They are always gorgeous!

Enjoy your day my friend! HUGS!

Debbie said...

I saw your name on Lindas post and I had to head on over. I have a weekly party all about these yard sales, garage, thrift, etc....would love for you to join in...you have some great features to share.

Dogwood said...

Cameras and computers can be so frustrating some times! I find I have problems with both at time. Usually different time...so it makes the whole thing of downloading and posting and printing pictures so hard!!!

OK...so that said. Relax and enjoy your eveining.

Hugs...Dogwood

Thanks for the nice Thank you note for the button string.

Linda said...

Hope you can fix your camera issues, Deb, I know that's a pain! Looks like you been finding some fun items for your sale this month!

Mary Ellen said...

Deb can you use a program on your computer to edit your picture and get it down in size then upload it online. I have high speed internet but still edit before uploading most of the time.

Can't wait to see your booth's new look!

bee blessed
mary

Protector of Vintage said...

I had that same ballet picture hanging in my childhood bedroom. Looking forward to HQ.

goldenbird said...

Oh my goodness, I hope you get the camera/dial-up thing figured out. An hour per photo -- yikes! Hope you have a nice weekend, Deb.

Margaret Cloud said...

Love the picture and your bench. Does that mean your book that is signed, valuable? Have a nice weekend.

Lynn-Teacupstitches said...

Hi Deb!
What a cute ballerina picture!! It coordinates perfectly with the bench too!! Great finds!!!
Computers and cameras!! Cant live with em cant live without em :-)
When I started selling on ebay I had dialup service so know exactly what you are going thru . . . . go for it - you'll be glad you did and have lots more time not having to wait for uploads~!~!
Hugs and Smiles,
Lynn

Lynn Stevens said...

Great finds, I bet there gorgeous all together.
I hope your able to get a faster connection, over 1 hr to load a piture(I don't think so) it would drive me crazy!

Pam Kellogg said...

What a gorgeous blog you have! I adore flea markets, garage sales, resale shops, antique shops and estate sales! I've added a link to your blog in my sidebar!

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I hope your week-end is wonderful....m....

Shirl said...

Hello Deb, Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment. I love your chair and bench, I bet your room will be lovely! I also read that Alexander Stoddard book, she is my favorite author. I find her books so inspiring. I've had dial up so I know what your talking about. We switched to Sprint Wireless card but it has it's problems too but very fast. I am in a rural so I can't get Verizon high speed yet. They are about the best.
If you edit your pics and make them best for the web they will load up faster.
Great find in the dumpster on a previous post. I'd of went in to after those vintage cards!!!

Blessings, Shirl
Shirls Rose Cottage

Lisa said...

Now I can read your post! Sorry about dial up. My AT&T is not great but better than dial up. And your camera too :( So sorry! I hope you had a great weekend anyway!
Hugs, Lisa