Friday, June 25, 2010

Thank You, Name picked and stuff

Thank you ALL so much for the kind and sweet comments! I appreciate all of them. I do wish that I could send you all a treasure :) I went on a number....24 as that was the first day that I blog...so...Carol from The Polka Dot Closet gets the pink goodies from the last post. These are some recent finds...Christmas goodies abound and I found more yesterday...

Vintage wicker chair at a thrift store. There is a "hole" in the middle of the seat and I was told it was a "potty" chair...I'm not sure about that. It's still very cool!




I made some 4Th of July cards for my pen pals. I made the vignette and then took the photo with my new camera...I also made a few altered mini match boxes. Aren't they sweet! Sometimes a gal just NEEDS to create!



Do you have a little piggy in your frig?? I DO!!! Remember when I was the dumpster diva...well...this sweet little guy was also in the dumpster and had to be rescued...




Vintage candy is inside his body and with all the HEAT & HUMIDITY around here...his home is inside the frig :) Pay NO attention to my dirty frig...I haven't seen the cleaning lady in weeks LOL!!! Hey...I'm busy buying JUNK...there is always tomorrow to clean!!!
Just had a very hard rain and the storm sirens went off ... all clear now.
Guess there are a couple of estate sales to go to tomorrow. Can you believe that next weekend is the 4th of July weekend...WOW...
Happy treasure hunting!
Warmly,
Deb :)

13 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Oh you found some great Christmas items! You also did some wonderful crafting. Congrats to your winner Carol!!

Kim's Treasures said...

Congrats to your winner! Hope your storm wasn't too bad...I saw on the news that there were tornado warnings for your area.

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

You bet, there is always later to clean {or not}, life is short! have fun! Jane

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Yea! it's me the WINNER. I am a lover of all things pink! I am so excited and honored I can't wait for my early Christmas present to arrive!

I think that potty chair could now be a plant chair?

Thanks Deb

Carol

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

Forgot to tell you , I live by you in real life, small world. Got those sirens going off just east of you. Jane

Linda said...

Congrats to Carol! Love all your finds especially the vintage Christmas! CRAZY weather we had tonight!!

Jane said...

I love the vintage Christmas finds...always a winner in my book!
The pig in the fridge was too cute and I know what you mean about the cleaning lady :-) Who wants to clean when there are bargains to find!
Have a great weekend.
Jane

Holly- Girls At Heart said...

Gotta love cool wicker! I'm not sure it was a potty chair either! Can you imagine???

Congrats to Carol! ♥

Janiece said...

Congrats to your newest winner!
I KNOW how awesome your boxes are!

Theresa said...

Awesome and congrats to the lucky winner! You are one busy lady:) Have a blessed day my friend! HUGS!

BEAR's Mom said...

Love the PIG...what a HOOT :D

you must have the same cleaning lady as I do!!! i think she's on vacation...

have a great week!!!

~victoria~

cityfarmer said...

how DARE you mention winter let alone the "C" word ....
hehe

I've been flying below the fifi radar ... but I'm back


stop over for a chat

Gayle said...

Great Finds!
Depending on the age it probably was a potty chair for the lady of the house at night. Think big china chamber pots with lids under the bed---we've come a lonnnng way.