Sunday, June 13, 2010

What is inside a $10.00 Bag??

This is a 10.00 bag from the estate sale we went back to today. Sometimes you get awesome things. All that you can fit into a grocery bag is 10.00 (they used to be 5.00) We "bought" 4 bags of goodies. Plus a couple of cool chairs. It was almost a "frenzy" moment :)
All these goodies....I should have figured out my "savings". Isn't that photo of the little girl just darling. There was a big box of old photos. Wait until I show you all the Christmas bits & pieces!



We went to the sale yesterday and bought a FEW things. Hubby was in TOY Heaven :) They had a chandelier there, price 125.00 we left a bid for 70.00 today since no one was interested I got it for a, wait for it..... yes, only, 50.00 !!!!!!!!! I'll show it to you soon :) It's in a large baggie and hubby will have to hold it for me. I'm going to sell it! I love my little one :)
Thank you, young man at Walgreen's!!! I had no idea on how to change the pixel setting on my camera and today I went and made pictures of the goodies above to scan and then post. He changed the setting to 5 pixels and showed me how to change make the changes. It was EASY, when I saw how he did it :) Young man, you are my hero!!! Plus he showed me how to make my photo prints oh so pretty :)
So, now I'll be taking new photos of the treasures and uploading them. More news....HUBBY has decided that high speed is coming to our HOUSE!!! He'll be calling around to get the best deal this week, I hope! It was a pretty darn good weekend!!!
Tomorrow I hope to have my room HQ ready and will take photos to show you later this week. It has to be ready by Wednesday evening!!
It rained most of the weekend and cloudy today. Where, oh where, is the sun shine ?!
Off to price more goodies and take photos of the treasures.
Warmly,
Deb :)

18 comments:

Linda said...

Good finds Deb!! I love the old goodies I see in the photos. Can't wait to see more!

Dogwood said...

Whoopee. What a deal. Don't you just LOVE getting tons of stuff for not much $$$.

It has been a fun crafty weekend here in Grass Valley for m.

Have a lovely evening...Dogwood

Emily said...

Glad you had such a wonderful weekend Deb!! And you found some great stuff too!!

Diane said...

Deb, you scored it is so fun to find so many great things in one place you have had some great luck lately maybe you should buy a lottery ticket! I am so thrilled to hear that hubby is searching high speed internet. You really need to do that with all your online business's Do you sell on Etsy too? I wish I had an Antique spot like you do I bet that works out great with all your finds. Keep us posted. Hugs, Diane

Linda said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Can't wait to see your finds! Glad you were able to work out your camera issues, too!

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

What a great time and how exciting the $10.00 bags are! ALos congrats on the camera and high-speed doming your way. All and all a great week for you! Jane

Kathleen Grace said...

Hi Deb,
What wonderful finds! I made the pictures bigger and just ogled everything, what fun!

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

What great things you got. Have a wonderful Monday...m...

Theresa said...

Good Grief Deb! That is a lot of stuff! I can't wait to stumble into your booth one day and shop! Love it that you and Hubby shop together! I am happy to hear about the high-speed coming and that you got training on your camera:) Have a blessed evening, HUGS!

linda said...

First off let me just say I'm jealous!! You get the best deals! The fantastic $10 bags and the chandy! You lucky girl!

I can't wait to see it all!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I have never heard of an estate sale having bag sales? That must be regional. I cannot believe all of that good stuff was left!

Carol

Karen said...

Sounds like you made quite a haul. Good for y'all!! Fun, fun!!
Love your blog and I got really hooked when you wrote that you have two booths where you sell antiques. I just opened up one (never done this before) and I'm having so much fun with it. I love to design the shelves and arrange the "goodies".
I'll be back!
Karen
Ladybug Creek
P.S. If you visit my blog you'll see a picture of my booth.

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

What a great weekend! Love your haul. What fun to fill a bag with all those goodies.

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

Kim's Treasures said...

Great bag of goodies! I Love the red elf!

~~Carol~~ said...

Deb, it's the little things in life, like high speed internet, that really make us happy! Your life will never be the same!
I can't wait to see all of the goodies, but what I see so far looks like you scored big time! I remember when you used to be able to fill a bag for $3. It's still a fantastic deal at $10 a bag, because when you divide it all out, everything ends up costing pennies! Can't wait to see the chandie too!
Happy Monday!
Carol

Shanda said...

Congrats on getting some high speed service. You are going to think I am crazy when I say this, but it chaged our lives for the better so much to actually have the full benefits of a computer and all that is available to view and do when you have high speed, we have to actually watch how much time we spend enjoying it now instead of waiting for pages to load and such and the whole experience is so much better. I love sites now, like Martha Stewrrt that have videos to watch and such. It is all so much fun now and I love you tube. There is som very stupid stuff on there, but there is also some very funny stuff if you need to laugh and you can find so many tutiorials on making almost anything and just watch the videos. Oh yu are going to have soooo much fun, we may never hear form you again,lol.
Shanda

Joy said...

Wow that is awesome.. can't wait to see your chandy. We bought a new one and it was like 250.00 so you really got a steal.

Lyneen said...

I wish we had estate sales like you seem come across all of the time... WHAT A STEAL on the chandelier!!!