Monday, December 6, 2010

Radio's, Swap exchange & More

Pillow's from the Bachman Idea House! JOY is my favorite word!
Christmas goodies found this year at estate sales, etc ...

I made the Russian Tea Cakes for hubby and the rest I bought. We had a very small gathering on Sunday afternoon...so a few treats were needed :)




Sharon, from My Vintage Studio and I did a Christmas Swap...I love how she wrapped them. Old patterns and seam binding...doilies on the boxes...


Look what she made, Just for Me...I Love Her!!! She is so sweet and how cleaver of Sharon.

Thank You, Sharon!




More goodies included a lovely, vintage perfume bottle, hankie, bracelet, Good Chocolate and the boxes are like little gifts themselves! One box had the perfume bottle, the other the bracelet and hankie! Sharon also sent her awesome tags...you can find them at the http://myvintagestudio.blogspot.com/
THANK YOU SO MUCH...Sharon...I Love them All!!!




On Thursday we were taking my Jeep the garage to get new tires and spotted an "estate sale" sign...so we stopped in and they were selling some very old and awesome radios. We didn't want all 100+ of them...they made an offer...we left...we Came Back and bought them!! Really!!! What is Wrong with US!!! We hope to triple our "investment" ... the radio's have taken over the family room!!!



There are more that you don't see!!! Some are in the well room and some are on a table...


Intervention for this "addiction" will begin on Monday Morning... LOL!!! We aren't going to any sale until the 1st of the year! REALLY!!!


Now that the sale is over at HQ...I can finish my card, ATC's for December and get some packages in the mail AND shop for a few Christmas gifts for the "kids".... hurray ... finally feeling like I have things going in the right direction.


We had more snow this weekend too!!!


I hope all your Christmas plans are moving along and don't forget:

JESUS IN THE REASON FOR THE SEASON

Warmly,

deb :)

18 comments:

Theresa said...

What a sweet friend Sharon is, I love her to pieces! She really went overboard with the gifts:) Hope you get a good return on you radio investment! Have a blessed evening! HUGS!

Theresa said...

Hey Deb, that is the wrong blog address for Sharon... it is

http://myvintagestudio.blogspot.com/

hugs!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Love your little gift from Sharon...how sweet is that little girl. Mr ALC would have swooned at those radios! He has a collection of them! Let me know when you are ready to sell them! He might be interested.

Linda said...

What fun swap goodies! So much eye candy...and Russian tea cakes...oohh! Oh my gosh 100 radios! I'm looking forward to hearing what you do with them!

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Wow what a find! And the Russian tea cakes.......yum!

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

Margaret Cloud said...

I just love the things Sharon sent you very pretty. I reconize one of the radios, I think you will have no trouble selling them, people love vintage radios.

GWENDOLYN KAY said...

I love those little JOY ornaments. My sister's name is Joy. Looks like you joined a great swap. Such pretty things Sharon sent you.
Blessings~Gwenny

My Blessed Serendipity Life said...

Love all your goodies you received. I like how your gifts were wrapped. I never thought of wrapping something in a doily - clever.

-Danielle

rosechicfriends said...

Hey sweetie!!
How ARE you! Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving such sweet comments!

I loved reading about your radios..how fun for you!!! Hey, I am looking for smaller vintage ornies less than an inch? do you have any to sell or swap? Let me know, cause I know you are so resourceful!!!

Happy Tea!
Lorena

Rose Haven said...

What a BIG batch of radios!! Goodness gracious!! LOL!! Hope it pays off.

What pretties from Sharon.

Rebecca said...

Hey girly! How you be???? Love your gift from Sharon! What a sweetie and I'm so amazed and inspired by her loving gifts.

Hope this finds you well and totally enjoying Christmas.

Love to you~

Rebecca

Marydon said...

G'eve Deb ~
My, look at all those radios! WOW!
What lovely gifts you received, love the little girl. Did you save any tea cookies for me ... I'm on my way over, put the tea pot on! Chuckle!

Have a beautiful winter's eve ~
TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

Dogwood said...

I love those yummy russian tea cookies. If your are like my grannies, they melt in your mouth!

Love all you fun finds.

What a fun swap.

Hugs, Cory

" SHABBY JUNK" said...

That's alot of radio's Deb! They look good from what I can see. They should sell ok.

Jane said...

Looks like a fun swap and a fun afternoon to spend with a friend!!
Now for the 100 plus radios....I think I would have done the same thing! I can't wait to see some of them!
Jane

goldenbird said...

I like your new blog design and header, Deb. So much cute stuff in your post ... those swap goodies look wonderful. Love your pillowy JOY!

Shirl said...

Hi Deb, love your new little joy pillows. How cute, great swap too! Looks like a nice lot of old radios. Your mantel looks really nice on your previous post. Tea cakes looks yummy, I just made a cup of tea wish I had some right now. LOL
Shirl
Shirls Rose Cottage

Emily said...

Oh my! Those radios looks pretty great!! If you do end up selling some, I would totally be interested. I have always wanted a vintage radio, but have never gotten around to purchasing one. And, thank you for your kind words about me and my grandma. It was much appreciated!! Hope you are enjoying the holidays!!