Saturday, May 14, 2011

Buttons, Chair Makeovers & Finds

Too many rainy days make us just want to SLEEP!!! I hope it's sunny EVERY DAY next week!

I thought I would sell my buttons at How Quaint by the "scoop"...



These are my newest finds and I'm going to keep them. It's so hard to find them like this and only 2.00 per card...which I didn't mind paying.






Bought this cute sign at a church sale...and it's going in my porch.







along with these plates and hankies...I LOVE church sales...








Easy peasy chair makeovers....when I see chairs with these types of seats..I buy them for resale. I guess I "could" paint them...I'll try it this way first.






After



Before



After...I had the fabric and it's pretty "neutral"





Very cool old folding table for fabric cutting...






This is on the top of the table...







Book cases always sell at either shop.


Busy weekend. Found a twin size bed for Kailee like NEW. She was using the bottom of my day bed set so now she has her own bed with a pillow top on it. Kailee and I were out on Friday garage sailing as she didn't have school and that's when we found the bed.


Went to a graduation party for a friend who just earned her Master's Degree at the age of 60+...awesome for her!


Went to a few sales this week and will "show & tell" later...The sale at HQ starts next week and I'm a little behind so need to get my room ready. Glad blogger is WORKING! That wasn't FUN!


Too much rain!!! Have a great Sunday...

Warmly,

deb

23 comments:

Kathleen Grace said...

Love the chairs and the buttons and porch sign too. Looks like you hit the good stuff this week:>)

Niece said...

I love the same kind of chairs for resale, makeovers on them are so easy.

I just sold a sewing table just like the one your selling, here they sell for quite a bit.....Hope your sale is a good one for you. Business here has been slow this month....last month was great, I guess gas prices.

Pam Traskos said...

Great finds! Love the chairs and porch sign, really like the hankies, nice treasures! Hope you're having a beautiful spring!

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Wow what great finds! Absolutely love the table and chairs.

Jocelyn @
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

A Vintage Green said...

I agree - it was tough without Blogger available.

Great collection of furniture and stuff. Good shopping.

Wishing sunshine for you.

- JOy

JunqueMagnet said...

Oooh - fruit buttons.I am drooling!Great finds.Thanks for sharing.

The Polka Dot Closet said...

A church sale is always great! Love the chairs, but that cutting table is quite a find. I have so much trouble selling chairs that I have mostly quit buying them, how great they sell there. Yep glad blogger is working again!

Carol

Cindy said...

I love seeing your stuff! I don't (can't) shop like you do nowadays and it's so much fun living vicariously through you. Thanks. (if I could choose one thing of your stuff today, it would be that folding table)

Tricia @ Vintage No. 35 said...

Love the tub of buttons!

~~Carol~~ said...

Deb, you have such a great eye for finding the good stuff! LOVE that table and bookcase, and that porch sign. Seems like everyone is holding on to their good stuff around here, because the thrifting has been horrible lately!

boopnut said...

I love the folding table! It's all good.

Theresa said...

Hi there dear Deb! I am a sucker for buttons and bookcases, of course the hankies too:) Enjoy your day, hope you get some sunshine in your area! HUGS!

Debby said...

You have been a busy girl. Love the bookshelf and the chairs.
Too rainy here too. We had some super hot days but now it has cooled off. I don't like those hot days.

Sherrie said...

The folding table you found is such a unique piece! Love the patent!

rachelsjunkinthetrunk said...

I love this!Happy I found your blog!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

You found some really awesome things Deb. I especially like that table, really unique item. Hoping for sunshine next week! hugs, Linda

Terri said...

Oh I love all your finds! Especially the cutting table and the buttons on the card. I saw some gorgeous carded buttons in Paris at the fleas but they were 30euros a card!
Thanks for sharing your fab finds today!
Hugs,
Terri

Janiece said...

You always find the best things. I love to stop by and see your finds.

Janet, said...

You found some great items! I love them all. I love yard sales and just posted about my courting lamp I just bought over the weekend.

Linda said...

Great finds, Deb! I always think those old sewing tables are really fun! And love the carded buttons, too...so decorative! Hope you are doing well!

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

What happy finds. Especially those amazing vintage buttons on the cards! : )
Giveaway at my place. If you mention it in a Post, you get a 2nd entry.
Happy Wednesday. : )
ML

KayteeJane said...

Fun Finds! I think church sales are great too. I love the buttons in the old glass box.

Shirl said...

Hi Deb, so many great things you've found! Love your little pup! So cute, thanks for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment!
Shirl
Shirls Rose Cottage