Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Deb's Day

These are from my front garden...little bits of heaven!

After a visit to my dentist to have a cavity taken care of ...which I thought that after 50 a person didn't get cavities anymore...I went to B&N to use the gift card I received from Stephanie, Junker Newbie that I recently won and purchased the book above! It's loaded with lots of Eye Candy and ideas.



Used a birthday gift card for these t-shirt for the summer..whenever it comes. I only wear sleeveless around the yard and house...not out and about as I have "angel wings" for arms!!!
These were all on sale as that is the only way I shop retail!!!





I also bought theses on sale. Pretty papers and embellishment's always "catch" my eye. I should make some cards with them..







This is a peek of something I'm making for the newest swap that I joined...it's a secret until I send it to her...

It's fun to have a little "me time"... I shop alone almost all the time...except for estate sale's with hubby.

Mowed the front yard yesterday..ugh..that took awhile and the lawn mower quit a few times as the grass was pretty tall...Hubby did the back yard with the "hill"...

The weekend plans:

Get ready for garage sale HERE next Thursday

Start painting the set of chairs for the next sale at HQ

and maybe paint the galley kitchen a pretty "yellow"... I also bought paint today!

Get the weeds out of the flower beds and plant some flowers..

What are your long weekend plans!

Enjoy the weekend!

Warmly,

deb :)

18 comments:

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Love the Lilly's of the valley, we don't have those here in Orlando either! Sounds like you have the same kind of weekend planned, I am going to do a little of this a little of that. We have a big Memorial Day sale at the antique store so I will go and help with that. Going with a friend to see "Bridesmaids". Nothing much

Carol

E said...

I always smile when I see Lilly's of the Valley, so delicate, so pretty. Don't get me started on teeth after 50 ! My "healthy teeth" are crumbling ... thankful I found a dentist I like because I seem to spend a lot of time there !! Weather permitting, I'm headed to IN for a Strawberry Festival, I could eat a gallon of strawberries :) E in TN

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Deb sounds like a busy week! Love the Lilly of the Valley...so pretty! I have
'angel wings' also but bring on the sleeveless tops when it is hot! hugs, Linda

Emily said...

I just love Lily of the Valley flowers. They always smell so lovely!!

Terra said...

You bought some real treasures, and I adore lily of the valley with their little bell flowers and pretty scent.

My Vintage Studio said...

You made some great purchases!
Sounds like you will be busy.
Have a great weekend!
Hugs, Sharon

A Cottage Muse said...

I so want that book!
Love your lil' lilly's!

boopnut said...

I love Lilly's of the Valley. The sweetest scent comes from the tiniest flower! Wish I had your energy Deb. Tuesday I did my kitchen floor and I was wiped out.
Of course, I am still sick with bronchitis. Oh, I too, have angel wings and when it's really hot, I fly anyway.

Janet, said...

Looks like you are as busy as we are around here. I also hate to pay full price at the stores. I'm always buying clearance clothes and stay a year behind in the styles. By the way, I hope you are right about teeth not getting cavities after you reach 50 (but, unfortunately that is probably a myth)

Theresa said...

Graduations and parties around here:) for the long weekend! Perhaps some swimming too!

Love all of your purchases! hehe, angel wings... I have them too:)

Have a blessed day my friend, HUGS!

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

I'm actually hoping for a slower weekend. My daughter just left yesterday for a Missions trip in Singapore. So we were running, running all last week. Have a great weekend!

Jocelyn @
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Deb, so nice that you bought yourself some nice things. I don't wear sleeveless in public either. Have a nice day! Twyla

" SHABBY JUNK" said...

Love the delicate white flowers, like tiny bells. I have that book and I love evwrything in it. Enjoy! judy

Bargain Hunting Treasure Seeker said...

Love the Lilies of the Valley! We'll be working on our sun room and hopefully taking some time to stop and smell the flowers! Have a great weekend!!!

Diane Mars said...

Well to start with a good full nights sleep, just got home from babysitting the two grand-peeps, and I am ever so tired. The weekend before I did yard work and a lot of it my hands had battle scares even with gloves I got poked... I start working with the new Real Estate company and so I sit an Open House on Sunday. Love your choice in books. Hey the box you were thinking about for your sis, lets do a trade I picked it up at a rummage sale so no big ticket item. It's yours, your address please.... oxox, Diane

Marydon said...

The roses are divine, the treasures are fabulous ... your lily of the valley pic is beautiful. I so love tha aroma as I walk thru the gardens.

Wish we were closer for your yard sale


Have a beautiful holiday weekend.
TTFN ~
Marydon

Cindy@OldTimePickers said...

Your comment about your arms made me laugh. I'm in the same boat. Makes me wonder 'what happened!?!'. LOL
My plans for the weekend are to pick up some good buys at a flea market this Monday.
Have a great weekend,
Cindy

Gracefully Vintage said...

Bautiful Flowers- very wedding like-unique..
too funny- on the cavity- i thought over 21 you shouldnt get a zit either-but (nope).
Great Blog as Usual
Karryann