Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Weekend Finds & Swap Goodies

I'm just Crazy about my Peonies!!!!!

Here are my finds from Thursday-Saturday! These little folks are from an estate sale. I almost bought the ones with "fixed" heads. Good thing I really checked them over. I sure don't like buying something and then getting home to find it had been "repaired".



More finds... sorry I didn't turn the little paper card shoes around. Just noticed now! They are very sweet.





LOVE the lavender curtain holders and nut cups with little flowers I picked out of a dumpster! Yes..I do "dive" for treasures!




Clock doesn't work..it's just a cool shape and very fun kids cards.







I was involved in the "Initial Swap" that Sue from It's A Very Cherry World had. My goodies arrived on Monday. My partner was Sandy from http://521lakestreet-sandy.blogspot.com

This D is now in my bathroom. Notice the lovely vintage pin!




More goodies from Sandy. The "colors" are so ME!





And here it the "D" on my shelf! THANK YOU, Sandy! I'm so Happy with my new treasures!

I'm very behind in getting my room ready for the HQ sale on Thursday. I'm off tonight to get more things done. I'll post pictures later this week. I'll probably be working on my room all day tomorrow.

Warmly,

deb :)


19 comments:

Kimmie said...

Great finds!

Betsy said...

What pretty little goodies you found! I really like that little suitcase and clock. Don't you love free, even if you have to dumpster dive? Great swap treasures too.

Laurel said...

So many pretty little things :) Good luck getting ready at the shop! Chat soon, Laurel

Diane Mars said...

Ok you scored! I love the dolls, very fun swap too!

Theresa said...

Beautiful treasures, always love seeing what you found:) Your D and other gifts are precious!

Enjoy your evening dear Deb, HUGS!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I love peonies too! The train case is a great find and the little people, glad their heads are not broken off!

Carol

Into Vintage said...

How did you spot those little treasures in a dumptster? And I think we've all been there -- at least I have. :-)

melanie said...

love your finds...they are adorable!

Scrap for Joy said...

Yout peonies are beautiful...mine are brown and done! You always find cute things on your estate sale adventures!
Sandy did a great job with your gifts...I love the altered "D".
Is it finally warming up where you are? We went from 95 last week to 62 today-Yikes!
xoxo
Joyce

Marge of Emmas Nook and Granny said...

I'm crazy about your peonies, too! Love the new treasures, also.

Protector of Vintage said...

Great finds and very pretty peonies! My peonies are very slow to bloom this year and something is eating my hydrangeas, so I'm a bit frustrated with the yard and am concentrating on thrifting instead!!

Linens Lace and Lattes said...

Deb - I just looked up Shakopee to see where it is. We are heading to Lake Vermillion in Cook, MN next Friday and will make it from STL to Minneapolis by Friday evening. I was hoping I could get mr linenslaceandlattes to take a slight diversion to go to your antique booth but it looks like it is southwest of Minneapolis. How far off interstate 35 is it?
deb

Vintage Sunday said...

Hello Dear Deb! I just wanted to thank you so much for visiting my blog and for following me! It's been lovely to "meet" you through your wonderful blog, and I shall very much enjoy my regular visits with you! I love all your beautiful finds, and that peony is just delightful! Love Brenda

Sherrie said...

First of all, yes I too dumpster dive. Is that so wrong. Some of my best goodies have come that way. Next, thank you for your kind thoughts. It has been a bit of a bumpy road but I know there is a light at the end of the journey. Thank you.

Barbara Jean said...

Deb,
Sweet finds, and your "D" fits so perfectly with your other treasures.

re old door bell, Yes, it works, Hard item to display though, cause one side belongs on outdoor wall, and one on inside, still fun piece. =)

blessings, and thanks for visiting me.
barbara jean

Diann said...

What fun and pretty treasures you received in your swap!

Emily said...

I love those yellow hair clips!! If they are headed to the shop, I will gladly take them off your hands. :)

Sandy said...

Deb,
I am so glad the initial worked in your bathroom....and everything got there in one piece! Love the lavenders....so pretty!

Creative Breathing said...

Oh Deb! I had a muff like the one you have shown. It is a powder muff! I can still recall the scent of rose scented powder in my memory. What a sweet post! Wishing you a happy Father's Day weekend! Elizabeth