Sunday, July 24, 2011

Day with Blogger, Carol and Matchbox Swap

On Thursday Carol from The Polka Dot Closet and her Mom came over to my home before we did some thrifting/eating and having some FUN! I even "let" Carol come downstairs into the family room and I thought I heard her say.... "should I call the hoarder's show"..LOL!!! and that she Loves to Organize things...hmmm...I think she needed to stay an extra day to help me out! LOL!



Here we are "thrifting"! Carol needed some "smalls" for her booth in Florida. She was here in MN to pack up her Mom as she is moving to FL.





Of course we had to stop for lunch and "Patrick's" was the perfect place. It was nice enough to eat outside :) YUM!!!



We also stopped at a couple of garage sales and How Quaint. Went back to my home and had a little dessert and Carol showed me how to "LINK-UP" Thank You Carol! Oops...I forgot to show you the pretty linen she brought as well as a sachet and doggie playing cards...the linen is lavender and is perfect in my bathroom! I had a wonderful time and sure wish we had more time!



It's been a long few days! Granddaughter played in softball tourneys and they came in 3rd Place, had a baby shower today, worked Friday at HQ and today had to go back to HQ and pack up my "yard stuff"...





This lovey matchbox is from Victoria at Things I Learn From Bear. We did a one on one match box swap. The dragonfly pin is lovely! Can you see the little pearl legs she put on it! Just too sweet!





These are the little extras she sent. Lots of yummy lace to use and more...







These were inside the matchbox. You sure can get A LOT goodies inside those boxes! THANK YOU Victoria for the pretty matchbox and for swapping with me! I do love making those boxes!



This week is filled with many activities: Granddaughter on Monday, friend's home on Tuesday to help her organize her craft room and then she'll help me with my stuff, having a bridal shower on Saturday...and getting my Christmas In July ornie done and in the mail...and who knows what else will "pop-up" this week.



I'm off to read some blogs as I have been away from the computer for a couple of days!



Keep Cool!



Deb :)



20 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

It is so much fun to meet up with blogging friends. I know you enjoyed the shopping. Love the matchbox swap...how sweet. Have a good week Deb!

hugs,
Linda

Marydon said...

We missed you, Deb. What a fun week & gathering you had with Carol. It is such great fun to 'meet' our friends in person.

Looks like you received some wonderful gifts ... love those little pearl legs.

You'll have to read our posts everyday this week for our travels & blog gathering.

Have a beautiful week ~
TTFN ~
Marydon

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Deb, I got home last night, late as they announced the plane was broken! How funny is that wording! I just unpacked my goodies tonight! Your pictures were so much better than mine! I stole a couple, I think maybe I will post tomorrow! It was such a highlight to spend a day with you!!

Carol

Debby said...

First of all, what a perfect header for you. So cute.
It is fun meeting bloggie friends.
I want help organizing my craft room......it has been on my list for three weeks. I need to just do it.
Love the matchbox and goodies. Did you see her post with the posing giraffe.
Have a good week.

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Oh I am so glad that you had a good time. Carol just one a recent giveaway of mine.

Love that matchbox. :)

boopnut said...

I love the matchbox you received as well as all the goodies. It would be so much fun to meet another blogger!
Deb

Michele's Treasures, Teacups, and Tumbling Rose Cottage said...

What a fun time you had! Good for you. Love the swap box--gorgeous--and such goodies! Happy Monday to you. ; )
~Michele

Queenie said...

You two are just dolls...loved seeing the pictures of y'all and what fun that you got to meet each other in person...it sounds like you all had a ball :)

That little matchbox is so cute...and it does hold a lot of goodies!

Hope you have a great week Deb...now I'm off to Carol's blog to see what's she's up to...she's fun and such a hoot...I will never forget her garage sale find and post on the "creepy lady" ...I just loved that post, did you see that one? Later sweetie...
Big hugs,
Queenie

My Vintage Mending said...

This looks like too much fun. What a great lunch and thrifting. Nice to see a few gals enjoying themselves...Renee

Emily said...

Looks like you had a fun day with your blogging friend!

BEAR's Mom said...

i'm glad you had a great time with Carol...she looks like lots of fun!
thrifting and lunch...can't go wrong there!!!
thanks for showing my matchbox...
i'll be posting yours for my Tuesday share :D i've already used some goodies on a batch of cards!!!
sounds like you are gonna have a busy week. talk to you later when you have a chance :D
BIG BEAR HUGS xxxx
~victoria~

BEAR's Mom said...

p.s. love the new HEADER :D

Kim said...

Hi Deb...Looks like you and Carol had lots of fun on your day together. Hopefully, we'll finally get to meet in person too before summers end. I have some vacation days coming up in August (week of the 23rd), so maybe we can get something arranged for then. Love seeing your matchbox swap goodies. You are definately right about being able to get lots of goodies in those little boxes.

Take care and stay cool :)

Kim

GardenofDaisies (Gayle) said...

Looks like you had a really fun day with your friend! Who knew so many things would fit into a matchbox!! I love those little daisies. :-) Hope you had a great time with your granddaughter yesterday.

Creative Breathing said...

Deb, This was such a fun post. You made me feel as though I was right along for the day. Thrifting with you is just wonderful! Elizabeth

Barbara said...

Sounds like you are having loads of creative fun!

Scrap for Joy said...

What a cute picture of you and Carol! Isn't it fun to meet blog friends? I'm sure you two had great fun and lots to talk about.
xoxo
Joyce

Sassy Marsha said...

What fun, junkin with bloggy friends!! Me too, love matchbox swaps!!!

My fat fingers rejected your comment instead of publishing it :(

Thank you for stopping by!

xxoo
Marsha

Margaret Cloud said...

Sounds like a fun time with blogger friends. I always like to see what you are up to, you have such pretty things. Thanks for coming by.

Linda said...

I almost missed this fun post! This looks like the best day!