Monday, September 26, 2011

Fun Finds and Swap Stuff

Hubby and I went to an estate sale about 60 miles from home...and there was a Hobby Lobby in the town...so I was able to do a quick "shop" and bought this H pumpkin for my Home!!! It was 1/2 off too!

Recent finds..thinking a Santa wreath is in order with all these heads!!






Short story about the stamp holder. Hubby HAD one at his office and "threw" it away..(He is clueless, sometimes" and I've wanted one for over a year. Didn't want to pay the prices I've seen around. We stopped at a small flea market and I found this one for...WAIT... FIFTY CENTS..., yep, .50 cents I guess waiting paid off!



Fun reflectors to put on the wreath with Santa(?) and other little things for some Christmas projects.





I did a one on one swap with Pearl...she has a blog, however, because of health issues she hasn't posted in awhile. These are the Fall goodies she sent me. Our swap was 1 altered matchbox and 1 altered BINGO card. Aren't the fabric pumpkins sweet :) Pretty leaf dish. I sent her one that
is smaller with fall colors.




Her large matchbox is a house. She also sent a small one with the kitty on it and then the Bingo card and ME card and a couple other fun papers. Thank You, Pearl!!! It's always GREAT to swap with you and I LOVE my TREASURES and you!





I LOVE Maple cookies. They seem to be around this time of year! I "try" to have 2 a day, LOL!! okay maybe it's 4...

I'll be at HQ most of this week, cleaning, patch painting and packing up my stuff... a little bittersweet..

Have a great week.

Warmly,

deb :)

20 comments:

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Yep it sure does pay to wait sometimes. I've found things I have been looking for, especially when I wasn't looking for it :-) Love the Pumpkin. I think this calls for a Hobby Lobby visit!

Jocelyn @
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

Patti said...

My sister-in-law introduced me to Hobby Lobby this summer. While there is one in my area (not super close, but it's there), I have never gone there; however, my SIL made a 40 minute drive to get to one. Definitely, it was worth the drive...shame on me for not driving less miles to get to the one near me.

I'm glad you were rewarded for waiting.

The swaps around blogland are always such fun. So many talented and creative gals around here.

Blessings,
Patti

Suzann said...

Love Hobby Lobby!! Love the pumpkin you found.
Thank you for stopping by and leaving your sweet comment.

Enjoy your day!!!
Suzann ~xoxo~

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love that big pumpkin! I can't wait to go to Hobby Lobby and see what's new! Enjoy your week! ♥

Scrap for Joy said...

We just got a Hobby Lobby about 1 miles from us. What an amazing store and great sales.
All of your new finds are great. I went back and looked at all of your things displayed at HQ. You always have the best stuff!!
xoxo
Joyce

Joy said...

My son loves maple cookies too and I remember when we had one of those old stamp holders at the library ;) Happy Monday!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Deb, I haven't seen a maple cookie for years, I love them, they must just be up north?? Yes, I would say a vintage santa wreath is in order!!

Carol

GardenofDaisies said...

Looks like you had a fun swap!! Is your stamp holder going to be repurposed into something else, or used as is? Maple cookies sound delicious!

Diane Mars said...

You sure did find some fun Treasures I love all the Vintage Christmas. You had a good weekend girlfriend. Hugs, Diane

Theresa said...

Great finds! Men throw away good stuff sometimes but I am happy you found a CHEAP replacement:) Love the swap goodies, cute matchbox house! Have a blessed day dear Deb, HUGS!

vivian said...

good morning Deb! Lucky find huh!? well worth the wait. Im loving the christmas tea cup and those great reflectors! and the tags and matchbox are awesome!
OK.. now would you share a cookie with me?
well, on second thought.. Im getting back on track today.. no cookies for me!
have a great week
xoxo
vivian

Kimberly at ArtJoyStuff said...

Hi Deb,
Everything looks great!
I thought I did well when I picked up a rusty old stamp carousel for $3.00, you beat me.
enJOY,
Kimberly

Tamera @ the Stone Fence Cottage said...

WOW--love the christmas goodies--those santa heads will make an awesome wreath.
love the pumpkin--how i wish we had a hobby Lobby closer then 60+ miles-i LOVE them!

Sharon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sharon said...

Great stuff! I love the stamp holder. Can't believe you only paid .50 for it.

I am sorry to hear about Max. Animals are so important in our lives. I can't imagine my life without them!

BucksCountyFolkArt said...

Now that's what I call a SCORE!!! Love those kinds of garage sale finds!!

Marianne said...

Oh how I wish I had a Hobby Lobby. YOu all seem to get the greatest stuff from that store. And such fantastic finds you got. What a great idea to do a blogging buddy swap.
Marianne :)

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Great pumpkin! I enjoyed seeing all your swap goodies with Pearl. Cool stamp holder! Can't believe the price! Good for you! Twyla

Lynn said...

Wow, that stamp holder stand was an awesome find for .50c.
Great finds at the estate sALE and awesome swap goodies!!
Hugs,
Lynn

Laurel said...

More fun stuff...those maple cookies are DANGEROUS! My grandma used to eat them...so I just "have" to buy them once in a while...for "sentimental" reasons, right??? ;) Chat soon, Laurel