Wednesday, January 25, 2012

"CHANGE" in the Living Room & More




For a "FEW" years, hubby has said that the living room was a room that was only used at Christmas and/or when we had company. The TV was in a small bedroom that is now being "Change" into my craft room. Hallway leads to the bathroom and bedrooms.



This window is on the east side of the house. It's a HUGE window. A few years ago we replaced all the windows, ourselves!




The living room is very open. You can walk around it! Behind this wall is the stairs to the walk out level. On the left is the dining area with the blue wall. Sorry you can't see the pictures.







OOPS..photos are out of "order"... SO the TV is now in the living room!!! Hubby wasn't sure if this was the best "plan" and now we both enjoy it. He has is "recliner" and I have the couch. The door leads into the "sun room/3 season porch".







BEFORE... I needed something in this corner and found ...






this corner shelf that was stained brown and received it's makeover last week. I think it looks much better. I have a couple of pieces of furniture in the porch for now. No room for them and I don't want to get rid of them, yet! SO, that is the "Change" in the living room.






I received this Sweet Valentine Hankie pocket from Renee in the mail! She MAKES them!! I think her sewing is AWESOME! Thank you so MUCH, Renee! Love my Valentine pocket!





Know what this is??!!! I received it from my BFF as A Christmas gift...it's very OLD, Used by the "Lady" of the home...??????




You wear it on your pinkie with a hankie while "dancing"... Pretty Cool!!! Thank you Jeanne! Hey, who's hand is that...some OLD Lady "modeled" for me! LOL!!!
Happy Wednesday!!!

Warmly,

deb :)

25 comments:

Perfectly Printed said...

Love your changes. I know how it is when you have had one room serve a purpose for so many years and as you think about it you decide to change. Sometimes I wonder why I haven't made the change!!

chris

Niece said...

Everything looks great! I love making changes in our home, hubby says I change things to often. I love the hankie holder, never have seen one...how cool!

My Vintage Mending said...

Currently working in similar changes at our house less those gorgeous windows and stains. Your floor lamp is beautiful and that hankie gift is amazing. Your goodies came this eve. You nailed me spot on. Thank you so very much.
Smiles
Renee

Marydon said...

Wow! Deb the pinky ring holder is a wonderful gift. And look at that beautiful model. Your home looks so lovely & inviting,

Have a great day~
TTFN ~
Hugs,
Marydon

Protector of Vintage said...

I love that cute hanky holder!! Your house looks lovely. Take care~

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I can't believe you used some old lady for a hand model LOL! Funny! I think you should use every room and we all have our TV's in the living room, yep I can see where you really enjoy it

Carol

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

How cool is that hankie holder..love that girl..and I use every room in my house..I don't have a family room on my mountain top..didn't want one when we added on..I hope have a great evening my dear friend..Hugs and smiles Gloria

Charmingdesigns said...

Your room is lovely, LOVE your gifts. That ring is incredible. I'm so glad we got over having hankies.lol My grandmother always had one tucked under her sleeve,I remember thinking it was gross. My word for the year is TRY. I thought I'd "try" to do something nice for someone ,well, 28 someones, at Karla's workshop

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Fun changes...I bet you will use the room a lot more now! Love the cute little dancing ring thingie- I have never seen one before!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I'm afraid my home 'changes' are going slow. I've had a cold for a week plus and it's slowing me down. Your living room looks great and I too would love to move a TV into ours but Mr ALC is against it....oh well! Hugs, Linda

Wendy said...

Your little shelf is just perfect for the space. Now it does not look so empty.

GardenofDaisies said...

It makes perfect sense to use the rooms for the way we want to live now. You might as well have plenty of space for your craft room and a comfortable place to watch tv. I know people who are changing their dining rooms into homework rooms/libraries.

Into Vintage said...

I'm laughing at your remark about your hand -- I feel the same way about mine! I've never seen a hankie-holder-pinkie ring before (is there an official name for it?)

Theresa said...

Love your changes dear friend! I know you and the hubby will enjoy sitting in that lovely room watching a little TV:) I have never seen hankie jewelry but I love it! Have a blessed day! HUGS!

Miss Sandy said...

Oh my goodness I love that little ring and chain for hanging a hanky on while dancing! I have never seen anything like that before, so unique, what a cool gift.

Liz said...

Oh, how funny! We both did almost the same post! If you wanna come by and get my little love seat you are welcome to it. :)

It's pretty cool that you guys replaced your windows. That is quite a project! Love that stained glass piece.

~Liz

Barb~Bella Vista said...

Hi Deb, isn't it wonderful to make changes? It just freshens everything up and helps us to 'see' things again. Everything looks great.

Have a blessed weekend,
Barb ♥

Stampin D Amour said...

Deb - it's just FABULOUS!!! xo

-pamela :)

Marie said...

Wonderful items! They add so much to your home, too! Lovely!

I came over from Writing in the Blackberry Patch today!

The Chickens' Auntie said...

Your room looks great!
I never would have figured out what that little ring-thing was for... what a nice Christmas gift!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Deb,
Your 'dancing' hankie is very cute! It's nice to make changes in one's home. It's as good as a rest. Thank you for your visit and have a lovely Pink Saturday weekend.

Blessings,
Sandi

Terra said...

Your pinkie hankie is fabulous and new to me. Your house changes look great.

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

I loooooove your Valentine mantel. Beautiful and charming!! And the corner shelf is a wonderful touch. Kudos! : )
M.L.

Little Susie Home Maker said...

I never seen a hankie pinkie ring before! That is cool! Love the changes.
Blessings,
Susie

Melinda Cornish said...

I have that same secretary.....love it in your house and mine!!!!