Sunday, February 5, 2012

Celebrating a BFF's 60th Bday and Antiquing

This is my BFF, "ME" with her Birthday Crown. On Saturday we made a day trip to Iowa to celebrate my BFF, above, 60th Birthday! It was a surprise lunch set up by her hubby. Let me tell you, she was VERY surprised when I came in, her back was to us, and said "My I Take Your Order?" !! Her jaw dropped and she had tears in her eyes! A TOTAL surprise!!! After lunch we went to a couple of antique shops.



This one, called "Majestic Lion" had lovely furniture. These pieces were amazing!!!



Here we are outside "Majestic Lion". These shops are located in Des Moines. (oops...by chin is getting bigger!)






This fun booth was inside the other shop called "The Brass Armadillo". These shops are very close to each other. I would Totally recommend them when you go to Des Moines, IA. They are right off of 35W. Clean shops with lots of variety!





These goodies are from The Armadillo.







These from the Majestic Lion. We had a great time in the few hours that we were there. I sure hope "ME" had a nice 60th Birthday!!! HAPPY 60th ME!!! xo, deb

It was almost a 4 hour trip one way yesterday. Didn't feel up to going to a Super Bowl party tonight. Stayed home with the puppies.

Other news from this weekend....daughter and future son in law bought their first house! Just 7 blocks from us!!! I'm Very Happy!!! They close the end of March. It was very important for me that they be close because of Grand daughter! Answered prayer. Now, I would like them to move up their wedding date!!!

Warmly,

deb


18 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Happy 60th to you friend! She looks so happy! I'm home and watching the Super Bowl and happy as can be! hugs, Linda

Debby said...

So sweet of you to spend the day with your friend. I bet you were tired.

vivian said...

Always fun to spend time with our girlfriends isnt it?
yay to your daughters house being so close by. My son and daughter in love were supposed to close on their house just 10 mins away last week, but it got moved to tomorrow. woohoo! so happy for them. I know you know the feeling!
Have a great week Deb!
xoxo
vivian

Terra said...

How cool your daughter and family will be living so close to you, and that is super the way you surprised your BFF. Well done!

Candy said...

I just ran across your blog. What fun. Girlfriends are soooo special. I know you both had a blast. Oh, I've been to the Armadillo near Kansas City.....was wonderful. Wish I could go back.

Come visit my blog. Im a brand new blogger and enjoying every minute of it.

My Vintage Mending said...

Happy day to your sweet BFF. What a great way to spend a day together. Smiles...Renee

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

What a sweet birthday surprise. I'm sure your BFF was so thrilled to see you.

Jocelyn @
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Oh Mom! Nobody gets stuff in the right order now a days! So glad they are close to you! Lord, you drove 4 hours to and from in a day! Yikkes, I am sure she sooo appreciated it! Happy BD ME

Carol

Bargain Hunting Treasure Seeker said...

That sounds like it was a lovely day!! What a nice surprise for your friend!!!

Protector of Vintage said...

So nice your daughter found a home nearby!! Looks like you and your BFF had a wonderful day.

Little Susie Home Maker said...

Oh, how sweet. It looks like you guys really enjoyed your day!
Blessings,
Susie

Sharon said...

Enjoyed this post! My BFF has her 60th birthday tomorrow.

Big Creek House said...

THANK YOU to all of Deb's blogging friends. Yes, this BFF had a great time! AND was sooo very surprised. Hubby put this together and I was totally clueless. Thank you, Deb, for coming down and helping me over the bump of being 60!
Love you
ME

BEAR's Mom said...

Happy Birthday to ME
and what a super duper
surprise...visiting her!
W.O.W. wish we lived closer!
Love your valentine header.
Did you make that card with the felt birdie :D cool...
BEAR HUGS to the PAWS kids!
~victoria~

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Oh Deb! You look so cute! We have a Brass Armidillo in MO too! Love your Valentines! Glad you had a great time. I know your friend loved spending her special day with you. Twyla

Lyneen said...

What a fun birthday celebration!!!!! I would love to go shopping with you!!!! I know we could have a great time!

Melinda Cornish said...

what cool, cool stuff!

chenlina said...

chenlina20160608
michael kors handbags
nike huarache
michael kors outlet
nike outlet store
true religion jeans sale
oakley vault
rolex watches
oakley sunglasses
michael kors purses
lebron james shoes 13
jordan 8
christian louboutin shoes
asics shoes
kobe 11
coach outlet online
toms outlet
louis vuitton outlet
cheap jordan shoes
polo ralph lauren outlet
michael kors outlet clearance
coach outlet
coach canada
nike free run
polo ralph kids
michael kors outlet clearance
louis vuitton
gucci belts
coach factory outlet
polo outlet
adidas nmd
fake watches
tory burch handbags
tod's shoes
louboutin
louis vuitton handbags
longchamp bags
louis vuitton outlet online
oakley sunglasses
cheap nfl jerseys
michael kors uk
as