Saturday, February 18, 2012

Inside the "Vintage Cottage" in Carver

Welcome to the VINTAGE COTTAGE located in the tiny town of Carver, MN.

I work there on Friday's. This is what you see when you walk in the front door of the shop! Julie, the owner, is Amazing! She and her hubby put this shop together each month. Each month is has a different look and new finds!



They painted the bed frame! My photos aren't the best. It's just lovely!





There is something for everyone !!!





The shop is in a 100 year old building. LOVE the brick wall!






Julie makes awesome "vignettes"!!!







L-O-V-E the arched window screen!!! (Not for sale)

I must say, "working" there is pure fun and pleasure! Julie is the sweetest person! I LOVE my 1 day a month job!! She really pays me to work there! I KNOW!!! Don't tell her I would work for "free"!!!

More information on my sidebar. Next sale is Mar 15-17. Come visit me on Friday if you are in the area. There are 6 shops to find treasures at. Lots of Variety!!!

I'm thinking Easter!!! I almost went into the Easter totes and put up my decor. I think I'll wait until next weekend. Also thinking about Easter cards to make. Maybe I have a touch of Spring fever!

Went shopping for JEANS! YUCK!!! I have the hardest time finding jeans that fit! I don't really like to purchase any clothes for myself. I'm sure it's because I'm overweight...anyway..I went to Old Navy and the nicest gals helped me pick out some jeans and they fit pretty good. The price was right too, $19.00 a pair! I'm not an Old Navy shopper, probably my 4th time in that store. Just a little FYI if you need jeans!

Warmly,

deb

16 comments:

Theresa said...

WOW, that is a beautiful place to shop AND work:) Love that screen too! YUCK, I don't like the jean shopping thing either! I get a pair I LOVE and wear them to pieces! THEN can't find the same ones again!

Have a blessed weekend dear friend, HUGS!

GardenofDaisies said...

That looks like a wonderful shop! It must be hard to work around all of those things and not want to bring them ALL home.

vivian said...

looks like a great place to hang out and "work"! I used to work at a quilt shop and spent most of what I made right in the store! Id put stuff under the counter to save for payday! lol!
that was the best job ever!
btw.. I hate buying jeans. and will not buy another pair until I drop this weight again.
have a great weekend
xoxo
vivian

Stacy said...

That looks like such a fun shop. I would definitely go there if it was in my neighborhood. I know what you mean about jeans, they don't fit me very well either. That's great you found a pair so inexpensive at Old Navy.

Aledia said...

What a beautiful shop! Wish I lived closer!

I think if I worked there my paycheck might just possibly be spent there as well!

Blessings,
Aledia

Janiece said...

Oh my goodness, I LOVE your "work" place.
I am afraid I would not be able to afford working there.
Have a wonderful weekend my dear blogging friend.

Linda said...

That is a beautiful place. I can see why it's fun to go to 'work' there. Jeans??? I understand, since I am heavier I hate clothes shopping too. $19 at Old Navy, good for you!!!!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I know you must look forward to your 'work' day each month! How lovely to be surrounded by such vintage treasures. I don't shop Old Navy either but did hear they had lots of styles of jeans to fit everyone so I might give them a try! hugs Linda

Marydon said...

I'd look forward to working there for 'free' also. Just gorgeous the presentation & merchandise/treasures.

Have a lovely week ~
TTFN ~
Marydon

Bonnie Jobe said...

We're going to come and see you! It'so time for a road trip! Now I have to look up where you are!

We had a great sale in Mora the last two days...just amazing how many people came to shop and buy!

Lovely shop...

My Vintage Mending said...

Deb these little snippets are gorgeous. What a treat to see. Good thing it isn't close to me I would have to bring it all home.
Smiles...Renee

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Cute shop Deb, I want the bed frame! I can't remember where Carver is? I bet that is a fun day. I hate jeans, but the most comfortable ones I have are from Chico's.....A little more than $19, but I get them at the outlets.

Carol

Kerita said...

My sister wants to have the same look for her room. She loves vintage stuff and often goes to garage sales… I recall her going home with a lot of shopping bags on hand! I'll definitely share this to her… She may even come over there and visit you! Haha!

Kerita Kantz

Real Estate Philippines said...

It seems that it was a place to relax, I love the place and I'm sure it was relaxing for me to go there.

condo in Philippines

Jeanne said...

Deb, Linda and I must stop by!!!
How fun! xoxo Jeanne
Bees Knees Bungalow.

Rudy said...

Thank you for your recommendation.I want to tell you True Religion Outlet store is also a good choice.