Monday, April 23, 2012

B-Day Fun & Flat Kailee




This new format/blogger fun to work with...

Top photo is Granddaughter's school project. She went to visit Miss Pearl..."Flat" Kailee came home with a new look and she learned so much about that state.
Middle photo are gifts from Debbie. We share the same birthday month. Love the blue pin tray, hanky and all the treasures. Thank You Debbie!
The last photo are gifts I received from Sharon. She sent me the matching tea pot to the cup and saucers that she sent at Christmas. I Adore "chintz" and she blessed me with these keepsakes and a birthday angel! Thank You, Sharon!!!
I had Mom's famous chocolate,heath, angel food cake. We grilled kabobs yesterday and today my BFF, "J" brought over lunch and we went to a few thrift stores. Very nice day and Birthday.
I want to THANK YOU, ALL for the sweet Birthday Wishes! I appreciate each and every one of them! Your blogging friendship is AWESOME!.
Sorry this is a short post...working with the new format is frustrating...I'll post again soon!
Warmly,
deb

19 comments:

Kim K. said...

Birthday blessings continue. Hang in there with blogger.

NanaDiana said...

I am still using the old format and dreading to make the switch. Happy belated birthday- xo Diana

Perfectly Printed said...

So glad you had a wonderful birthday weekend!

chris

Jane said...

Happy Birthday! Love that teapot :)

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I have not written a post yet with the new format....I hate change! I'm so glad you had a good BD! It sounds like it lasted for days...YEA!

Carol

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Hi Deb! So glad you had a nice birthday! We've had the new format for awhile. It's not that bad. You'll get used to it. Have a nice week! Twyla

Marydon said...

I hate it & had a sweetie change me back to the old format.

So glad you are having a wonderful birthday celebration Deb. You deserve it.

Have a beautiful day ~
TTFN ~
Hugs,
Marydon

vivian said...

Glad you had a fun birthday! you know the older we get the longer we get to celebrate them.. when I turned 50 I extended my birthday to the month of october! lol.. that means people can feel free to spoil and gift you for the whole month! lol.. you should let everyone know that... I'm calling october the month of vivian! you could have April as the month of Deb!
happy April!!
xoxo
vivian

Theresa said...

I have participated in two flat visitors! It is so much fun!

Happy to hear that you had a wonderful birthday! Well deserved:)

Have a blessed day dear Deb, HUGS!

Susie said...

Happy birthday. My graddaughter did a flat Savannah project at school. I love the idea of that. Smiles, Susie

My Vintage Mending said...

What a great school project. Sounds like you had a divine birthday...Hope it is all going well and you have adjusted to your schedule...smiles...Renee

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Wonderful Birthday surprises! Glad you had a great day! I've been using the new blogger format for awhile and like it...but change is always hard. Hugs, Linda

Antiques Galore Gal said...

Yesterday was the first time for me working with the new format and it wasn't fun! Took a couple hours to add a gadget to the sidebar, the links wouldn't work right and had to add my own html coding to get a picture added. Ugh!

Sending Birthday wishes!

Andy's Attic said...

Such great gifts! And sounds like the BDay was fun!! That cake sounded devine. Blogger makes me crazy with all the changes all the time. Maybe it is meant to keep us on our toes,
:>) Annette

Diane Mars said...

Girl after my own heart, I love thrift shopping on my Birthday~ Hugs, Diane

Tammy's in Love said...

That teapot us really a great little summery piece! Happy Days!

Tammy

GardenofDaisies said...

Happy birthday! That is a beautiful chintz teapot!!! The flat Kailee reminds me of when my kids did their Flat Stanley projects. That was such a fun way for them to learn physical and cultural geography.

Lynn said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!
Have a great week!
Hugs,
Lynn

Karen Mary Butterfly said...

Glad you had a fun birthday. That tea pot is so pretty! Good luck wit your new format.