Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter,Weekend Finds & More

On Friday we went to an estate sale not far from our home and found this Beauty! Look at all the fine details! Original mirror. AWESOME! We think it's a small buffet and it was priced to sell and it just had to come home with me. What do you think we paid for it??!! Leave a guess! Right now it's in the guest bedroom as it is a tad too big for the space in the living room, where I wanted it to go.

Also picked up these smalls for the shop. I'm keeping the unique shaped basket and tin, for now!



My Easter table setting with little favors that Grand girl helped me make. It was a nice time together and my future SIL baked the ham and it was delicious. ( I don't eat ham) hubby said so and that is that!





Tweaked my plate collection. Perfect!
My daughter and future SIL loan paperwork is at the "underwriters" and they are being beyond fussy. Their closing was March 30th ... the "underwriter" still hasn't given FINAL Approval.

If you have any time, would you consider praying that the Final Approval would be given Wednesday. The "sellers" aren't happy. It's taking much too long for the approval and the Underwriter" keeps asking for more info...Thanks! The closing needs to happen this Friday or next Monday or else the sellers may cancel the purchase agreement and that would leave the "buyers" aka, my D & SIL in limbo, boxes packed, apartment given up...etc...

THANK YOU so Much. I KNOW God is in control...extra prayers are appreciated!

I worked a "duty day" today. Folks were buying and that is a good sign.

Wednesday I have a job interview...it's very part time for a merchandising company putting up clip-strips at grocery stores. I haven't "interviewed" in a few years. I've had 2 phone interviews and on Wednesday is the final interview. I feel this job would be nice and the money will go to daughter's wedding fund.

I'll be posting more of the Bachman Idea house in the next post.
Warmly,

deb

21 comments:

Perfectly Printed said...

Holding good thoughts and adding your prayer requests to my "list".

Hope you had a great Easter!

chris

NanaDiana said...

What a great piece you found. I am afraid to guess what you paid for it. You said you got a very good price. I'll guess $200. as I have seen them priced much higher than that.

I am saying a prayer for the financing to be approved and the transaction to be a smooth one...also praying for you for the job interview. xo Diana

Faye ~ Wild Rose Vintage ~ Cabin Creek said...

That buffet (or whatever it is) is absolutely beautiful! If I had seen it first it would have come home with me. I have an idea it wasn't too expensive either! Awesome find!!!!
Faye

Faye ~ Wild Rose Vintage ~ Cabin Creek said...

I was going to guess $100

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

The buffet is lovely, Deb...such beautiful condition! I'll say a prayer for a closing on that house and a good job interview!

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Wow what a beautiful piece of furniture!! I am thinking $200, but if it was less then that, YOU got a deal :-)

Jocelyn @
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

Karen Mary Butterfly said...

Love that vanity/buffet piece. Beautiful. You table looked great for easter!! Good luck with the interview!!

boopnut said...

Love that hutch! Sounds like you had a nice Easter. Of course, your daughter and SIL are in my prayers!
Deb

Linda said...

the hutch is gorgeous, no wonder it had to come home with you! I can't imagine interviewing for a job. Good Luck!

Theresa said...

Look at you getting the QUEEN of all Finds:) I say $100! Realizing that is way to low for that beauty! I love it and would have brought it home with me too!

I will sure pray for the house to get finalized! Sometimes the banks just ask for too much unnecessary paperwork:( Hugs and prayers coming you way!

Kim K. said...

Sounds like lots of life right now. Please know that I'm thinking of you all. Can't wait to hear about more this fantastic piece of furniture.

Susie said...

A little prayer doesn't hurt, does it? Also praying for your interview. Love that purchase. Smiles, Susie(She Junks)

Protector of Vintage said...

What a gorgeous piece of furniture!! Good luck with the interview!

Shirley Hatfield said...

I've seen lovely pieces like yours being used as vanities in beautiful bathrooms...it was my dream at one time to have one like it. Those closings can sure be a nightmare...add my prayers and good wishes to the mix.

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Deb,
I will be keeping your kids in prayers for the approval to happen quickly. Also for you and your job interview.
WOW what a gorgeous piece you found at the estate sale. It looks very expensive, but you said you got a great deal, so I will guess $175 to $250.
Wishing you a wonderful week.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

Andy's Attic said...

Prayer has been sent. Love the buffet. Looks like one my parents had. I will guess $150.
Good luck on your interview. I'm sure you will do well!
:>) Annette

Lori Lynn said...

Buffet is MAWVELUOS!

My Vintage Mending said...

Love your cute Easter table but that is the best plate design. It just gets better every time you touch it....Well done...smiles...Renee

Aledia said...

Thank you for leaving a sweet comment on my blog!!

I love your finds and your new furniture piece, I'm guessing around $200.00???

Prayers for your children and for your interview!!
Have a fabulous rest of the week!

(hugs)
Aledia

Catie said...

Just found your blog...Hurray!! I too am a treasure hunter, I had booths in the area for years. Sadly now the prices for rents around here have gone sky high :( and i have no outlet for all my wonderful finds! I really enjoyed your blog! Have a blessed day!
Cathy

Ladydy5 aka: Diane Yates said...

Thinking about where you live and all the neat stuff you always find at decent prices I would have to say like all the others, least amount $150.00. Worth more than that though, it is beautiful