Monday, May 28, 2012

Pyrex, Pretties and The Party

Peony from my bush...they are HUGE this year! Heavy rains last night have them drooping..

There was only ONE garage sale on Thursday in the neighborhood. I also made a drop-off at the thrift store and Of Course, I went in and found the Pyrex bowls, cake plate, oval stoneware plate, flower frog and darling little violet bowl with lid. The ME boxes were from the garage sale. Could you pyrex gals left me know the name of these bowls, Please??!



More peonies from the garden. I have this peony print in the porch/sun room. While I don't have "pink" in the house, it looks great in here. I just LOVE this picture.

Daughter & future SIL party went like this:

HER WAY !!!! I'm glad my tongue grows back! LOL!

It was STINKIN HOT & HUMID yesterday and she had us all OUTSIDE. SIL put up a tent so the sun didn't "cook" us. ( He is thoughtful!) We didn't eat until 7...party started at 4 ish and I had to "beg" for snacks around 5 ish! Went home around 8 because heavy rains were coming.
That is That!

Hubby and I worked in the garden today..Weeding it! Have to make room for the tomato and cuke plants. Bye-bye weeds!! Also planted 2 peony plants in the front yard and moved a HUGE hosta plant in the backyard by the garage.

Visited my friend, Sharon, who lives in the nursing home, my age and my friend since 7th grade. She was pretty talkative today. However, she whispers when she talks if any words come out and I didn't understand much. I seem to leave there near tears each visit. I know she was very happy to see me :) I really must visit more often...that's what a friend would do!

Tomorrow I'm decluttering/organizing a craft room for money! Wednesday is the monthly housecleaning job, more money! Wednesday evening Grand's fast pitch game. Thursday garage sale, Part 2 if it doesn't rain. I also must go to Auntie M's and remove the goodies from the front window that I rented for the month of May. Yikes...this week will fly by!

Have a lovely week! I'm off to see what you have been up to!

Warmly,

deb :)

24 comments:

Blessed Serendipity said...

Hi Deb,
You found a lot of pretties. The pyrex bowl with the pink is called gooseberry but I don't know the name of the other.

Danielle

All Ways Designing said...

What gorgeous finds!! I love the bowls, which are both called Cinderella Bowls. They are nesting bowls and they have a handle on one side and pour spout on the other. The one Danielle already named correctly as the Gooseberry pattern. The swirly one is Golden Scroll and was rolled out in 1959.

Jan :)

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

I so love the Pyrex bowls. Great finds!

Jocelyn @
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

Marilyn said...

http://www.pyrexlove.com/golden-scroll-cinderella-chip-dip-set-series-395/glassware/

Here is a web site to help you with Pyrex. Good finds!!

Jane said...

I love the violet bowl with lid!!!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Hey great party LOL! Good finds Debbie, love the peony from your bush....hum? Goodluck on the next garage sale...You are one busy girl!

Carol

Perfectly Printed said...

Such good finds from the thrift store!! Your flowers are lovely and look terrific with the picture!!
Enjoy your week!!

chris

Kim K. said...

Your treasures are just perfect. Love the violet bowl. Gorgeous blooms too. Sounds like a busy week ahead!

NanaDiana said...

Love your NEW stuff. Isn't it amazing that we go to drop stuff off and return with MORE stuff? lol

Glad you got through the shower and still seem to have your tongue!;>) It is hard dealing with kids sometimes.


That was kind of you to go visit your friend- that is always a hard thing to do.

Blessings to you- I hope you have a wonderful day- xo Diana

Theresa said...

Hi Deb, sounds like a wonderful weekend, lots of goodies! Don't know what the Pyrex is called. Have a blessed week! Hugs

Stampin D Amour said...

Hi Deb - very nice finds!!! ;)

-pamela

My Vintage Mending said...

You can't pick your family can you...mine are gems as well...For instance the bin I made my mother....she never said a word. I should have just gone to walmart and bought a plastic bucket......oh well. Your peony are beautiful mine were way to short this year. Loving your finds....stay sane during your busy week...smiles...Renee

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Deb you had quite the weekend! Love the bowls and of course the pink gooseberry is my favorite! Sometimes we do have to 'bite our tongues' with our kids...all i'm saying! Hope you have a wonderful week! Hugs, Linda

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Hi Deb!

Yes, sometimes it is so hard to hold your tongue. lol Glad you made it through.Love your pretty finds, especially the purple dish.
It was nice that you visited with your friend. I'm sure she was happy to see you. I love your peonies! Hubby took me to a farm in Basking Ridge NJ. The name of it is Peony's Envy. You can also order plants from there. so pretty!

Hugs,
Deb

~~Carol~~ said...

I would have been so cranky at that party! I can't take heat, and when it's humid, forget it! Your peonies are gorgeous. Need to plant some of those this Fall!
Have a great week!
Carol

A Shabby Moment in Time said...

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving your sweet comments. I LOVE your peonies...just gorgeous. You must have a VERY green thumb.
Blessings & hugs,
karen

Protector of Vintage said...

Love the pink peonies!! You scored some great finds at the thrift!

Melinda Cornish said...

Hey Deb...I remember those white pyrex bowls with the orange. I adore your big peonies too.....

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That little violet bowl sure is sweet! Great finds! I hope sales pick up so you can have some fun! Enjoy your week!

GardenofDaisies said...

You are a good friend. I know you brightened her day. What lovely finds! I love the cake plate and the violet dish!

Laurel@chippingwithcharm said...

So you "hire out" for decluttering huh? Great idea :) Have a great weekend! Laurel

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

You are one busy chickie! Love your peony picture......and the read deal. The Hubbs said I actually have a bloom on mine this year. Don't know why I have such a hard time getting them to GO.... Great finds, by the way......crazy over the little violet covered dish.

Huggies,
Spencer

Sandy Michelle said...

Wow that's a busy week!I would have been irritable too if I had to stay outside in that heat. Have a great weekend!

Sandy xox

Michele said...

Garage sales and thrift stores ~ They are so fun!

God Bless You,
Michele
Pearl 13.1