Sunday, June 10, 2012

"Sew" Nice and Recent Finds

These fabric bags/boxes were made by Renee at My Vintage Mending. She is a wonderful "sewer" and I just had to buy them for my craft room. I just love the colors she used. You'll see where I will use them when I post in July for "Where Bloggers Create". LOVE THEM!!

Found this Kitchen Prayer lady "Tea Pot" at a garage sale on Thursday! I haven't ever seen one. She is a keeper for now. She isn't very big. A single pot of tea I'm thinking.





Estate finds..all these little stickers. They were in a small box that I'm going thru..it's fun to see all of the different types.



This is my First Heart Rock...and it's from the estate sale. A dollar! I'm pretty happy at that and it's staying here too.

It's been a HOT and busy weekend. Friday evening over to Mom's for her birthday dinner. Saturday duty day at the shop and it was S-L-O-W! Saturday night out for dinner and we ate outside in the 90 degree heat..not so fun...

Today helped a friend with her son's graduation party. When I got home from that, learned that Mom is in the hospital with pneumonia..so we went to see her. Hoping she'll go home tomorrow. She seems to get it every other year...

Grandgirl is on summer vacation and we will be spending Monday's and Thursday together. We are thinking a lemonade stand tomorrow would be fun! We are making a "list" of summer fun to do.
Seems like summer months are so busy for all of us.

Warmly,

deb :)

23 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Oh- what sweet finds. I'll bet that box of stickers came from a teacher originally. My friend sold boxes of stuff like that when she retired from teaching.

I never saw a teapot like that one either- how cute is that.

Have fun with your granddaughter. If you get the chance pop by my blog today and you will find a fun meal there that she will probably love if she isn't too old~ xo Diana

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I have never seen a tea pot like that , but I have seen the figurine. My Mom's birthday was Saturday, so we had her dinner on Friday and I took her to a play house yesterday, We have had the same weekend....Not as hot here though LOL!

Carol

Karen Mary Butterfly said...

Great finds! I love all the paper goodies! You must be excited to have your granddaughter coming two days a week for summer! You'll have so much fun. If, you do a lemonade stand tomorrow, I 'd love to see pictures! Have fun!

Debby said...

Such neat finds. Hope your mother improves quickly. Does she get the pneumonia shot?
Have fun with your granddaughter.

My Vintage Mending said...

Oh I do spy a bit of dennison in that lot. It is such great fun to go through a box from estate sales. BIG church sale this week I do hope I find something good. Glad you love the boxes. I love your tea pot...smiles...Renee

Terra said...

You show neat things in this post, the fabric boxes, teapot lady, rock heart, and maybe a lemonade stand in your future.

Stacy said...

Love those fabric boxes, Deb! I'm sorry your mom is not well and hope she gets better soon. Lucky you, spending two days a week with your granddaughter. It's super hot here, too.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Deb I hope your Mom is feeling better soon! I love those fabric boxes...pretty colors. You also found some great stickers and other fun stuff. I'm thinking of doing a summer 'smash' journal so I'm gathering fun little stickers and stuff myself! hugs, Linda

Diane Mars said...

You are such a dear sweet blogging friend, and I am sincere when I say that , we have shared so much over the years... and yes it is time we do another little swap of our own.. lets call it "Summer Vacation" in a Box! Let me know what you think. Big Hugs from Me~

vivian said...

sounds like a nice full weekend. LOVE renees boxes.. I was thinking how cute that fabric she just got with the bears (or was it puppies?) would be for those bozes!
busy weekend for you... makes them go by so fast doesnt it?
thanks for the care, concern and prayers for baby jacob. It means so much to me. Your a sweet friend deb.
xoxo
vivian

Kim K. said...

Can't wait to see more of your room with Renee's special containers. You definitely came through with some delightful finds.

Theresa said...

Hi Deb, great weekend but sorry it ended with your Mom in the hospital! My Dad got phemonia shots every year after he got it a couple of times! Love all of your finds, especially that little teapot:) Have a blessed and fun week! HUGS!

Perfectly Printed said...

Deb, you came home with some special things this weekend!! And what's not to like about your fabric buckets!!
Enjoy your days with your granddaughter!!

chris

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

Love Renee's fabric boxes! so unique! ♥

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

I LOVE your little teapot. Great find.

Jocelyn @
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

Andy's Attic said...

I hope your mom is home and fine real soon. Not a fun thing to have at any age!!!

GardenofDaisies said...

Those are cute little stickers! And Renee always makes the sweetest things! Enjoy those bins! I hope your Mom is feeling well again soon. Have a wonderful time with your granddaughter!

Sherry said...

Great finds! Love the heart rock.
SHerry

donna said...

Renee is very talented. You both find amazing treasures. I am your new follower. Hope we can talk often.
Hugs
donna

boopnut said...

Love the bags! Love the finds! Deb, has your Mom had the pneumonia shot?

Deb

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

I'm sorry to hear about your mom, hope she is feeling better now! Love all of your discoveries!

Janet, said...

I love the teapot and the rock. Very neat, I'd like to find one of those.

lynn said...

love the fabric totes, deb! the lemonade stand sounds like fun:) your dogs are so sweet!