Tuesday, November 27, 2012

My Simple Christmas Decor



The bow window is in the dining/eating area. Sorry that the light isn't good in that room for a good photo...but you get the idea! I bought this "bluebird" ceramic tree a couple weeks ago at an estate sale and just had to keep it!


Here is my tree and mantle. I will add my "Christmas hankies" as soon as I iron them. I'll spell out Merry Christmas with the hankies that will hang from the mirror. With the TV now in the living room...it's a challenge to decorate. I'm still loving the sage, white and silver for Christmas. I almost put up my "red, green and white" decor. Maybe next year!





This Christmas vignettes on top of a small side dresser in the "dining" room.  I'm going very simple and easy this year for decorating as I want to enjoy Christmas!

My cards are almost done. Tomorrow is my "deadline" as I have a long table in the living room loaded with papers, etc for making the cards.

We are having a "Ugly Christmas Sweater" party on Saturday, so, the house must get cleaned and ready!

I'll try to remember to take photos of the "sweaters" and my cards...bought a few stocking stuffers today...aren't things expensive!

I know there are SO many needs in my community and in blog land. PLEASE help where you can. Just a quite donation will do so much! And, don't forget:

                             JESUS IS THE REASON FOR THE SEASON!!!

Warmly,
deb

22 comments:

Theresa said...

Your decorations are so pretty! Jesus sure is the reason for the Season:) Enjoy your week and can't wait to see the sweaters! Sounds like fun! HUGS!

Kim K. said...

You organized lady with your cards. Can't wait to see sweater pictures. Your decorations are very pretty. I love the idea of using Christmas hankies as your Christmas swag.

Shirley Hatfield said...

Oh, what a "sweet" little vignette with the gingerbread house...I love how you decorate! For some reason I printed a pic of your mantel from last year and found it in my cooking binder...weird! It must have been in a stack of recipes I found on Pinterest...lol!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Deb I think I'm going simple this year also. With my daughter's family buying a home and trying to move before Christmas, my Dec will be very busy. (I get to stay with Tiger while much of this goes on). So a simple tree and a few decorations this year will make me happy. AND I still need to make my first tag for a swap! Hugs, Linda

NanaDiana said...

It looks lovely, Deb. I said I was going easy and simple this year and then went crazy (as usual). At least it is done now...and I had a son here helping so that made it extra easy.

Love your sweet Gingerbread house and now I need to get my cards done, too. Blessings- xo Diana

Blessed Serendipity said...

Your tree is beautiful Deb. I love the sage and white. So pretty. Have fun at the sweater party. I have seen several at the thrift lately that would be great for such a party.

xo
Danielle

My Vintage Mending said...

I have a deadline of tomorrow as well...with my mailings. Not quite ready to do my cards yet. I promised myself to get everything out of the way by Thanksgiving but I am already a week behind. Love all your colors...very peaceful..smiles..Renee

Diane Mars said...

I say simple and I too want to do something for someone in need... we have way more blessings in our lives just a start 8 healthy grand-peeps... Hugs, Diane
P.S Want to see pictures of the funny sweater party for sure!

vintage grey said...

Your decorations are so pretty!! Have a lovely week! xo Heather

Andy's Attic said...

Love your simple decor. I think I will go that route this year. It makes more time for the important things... :>)

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Your decorations are lovely, Deb...I'm looking forward to seeing the sweaters!

Perfectly Printed said...

Your looks lovely!! Can't wait to see your hankies, that was just the best idea!!

chris

boopnut said...

You are so organized and I wouldn't say your decorations are simple at all! I will be lucky to get the tree up!
Hugs,
Deb

craftyles said...

Your decorations look beautiful. I can't wait to see the hankie thing. The white and sage is so pretty. Have a fun sweater party=can't wait to see those pictures!

ImagiMeri said...

Simply lovely Deb. I had to go a little crazy for the party, so it looks like Christmas threw up here, but it's all good.

Hugs,
Meri

Faye said...

It's so pretty! I can't believe you have all of that done already. Looking forward to the sweaters post!

Shelia said...

I love all of your Christmasing! Tank you so much for popping in to see me.
be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

The Polka Dot Closet said...

OH Deb, I have not done one speck of decorating!!! Yikkes, you think it is too late? I love your mantle and the mantle runner is to die for. I think I am going to do New Years cards, I want include wedding pictures and they are just coming in from people that were there. Now, keep in mind that I would be willing to help your daughter if she see's anything she would like for her wedding

Carol

Creative Breathing said...

Deb, you have tinsel on your tree! I love tinsel. I can't wait to see the hankies. They sound so sweet. Have a lovely weekend! E

Joy said...

Love it, very pretty. What a beautiful Angel on the top of your tree!

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

So completely fairylike and lovely!

Celestina Marie said...

Oh Deb, your home is gorgeous. Love your tree and your decor is so cozy and welcoming.
Yes, Jesus is the reason for the season.
Have a great weekend.
Celestina Marie XO