Sunday, February 17, 2013

Mantle Makeover and Spoolies


I took down the Valentine decor on the mantle, I'm going to super simply until I put up my Easter decor..liking the simple and white look!



I joined Sandy's Easter Spoolie swap and "HAD" to make some! I can't show the entire spoolies as one is for the swap and the others for friends! I think I may make a couple more!

Saturday there was a "Tickled Pink" gathering for the church ladies. It was at a AWESOME home of a follower blogger...."?who knew?".... and I should have brought my camera. Her name is Kate and her blog is Auntie Cake's. I'm hoping that she will post the photos she took. She had the best desserts! I wanted to try them all, however I had some self control...you know, meeting new ladies and not wanting to give into my "sugar bug".... LOL!!! She lives in the "country" and has chickens! Her home is sunny and filled with treasures that I LOVE!

Tomorrow Grand girl doesn't have school, so we'll hang out together. Tuesday is eye Dr appt for yearly checkup and a church meeting for greeters and usher. Wednesday I'm helping the gal with her craft room, $$, Wednesday is also future SIL birthday, Thursday is BSF and Friday is Vintage Cottage job! Oh, I'm going to be a "Guest Blogger" on Thursday at Carol's, The Polka Dot Closet blog.

I'm hooked on "Downton Abbey" and glad it's on Sunday and also Wednesday, in case I miss a show!

Have  a Great Week! See you Thursday at Carol's blog!

Warmly,
deb

22 comments:

craftyles said...

Sounds like a very busy week. Glad you had a fun Valentines. Such cuties that you received. Have a fun time tomorrow!

NanaDiana said...

Wow- You have a busy week lined up. The mantle looks great and I have never heard of spoolies! They are darling! Have fun with your grandgirl tomorrow-xo Diana

Perfectly Printed said...

I'm with you.....simple until Easter! Take it easy with your busy week!

Chris

vivian said...

Always fun to find a fellow blogger isnt it? they understand something about us that others dont!
I'm also looking forward to the spoolie swap! havent started them yet though.. youre way ahead girlfriend!
have fun with your grand girl tomorrow.
xoxo

Patti said...

I'm lovin' your spoolies! Sooooo cute! I need to get started, too!

Janiece said...

I love the mantle. Beautiful!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Wow you have a busy week! I have some things I need to get done this week also! I look forward to seeing the 'spoolies' as I'm not sure how you decorate those. I kept the cubbies simple until I decide what is next! Hugs, Linda

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Oh this is so funny, I just sent you a message to see if you remembered that you were going to be guest posting LOL! What a fun time going to a bloggers house and she makes desserts!!! Sounds like a fun week, at least it's only the eye Dr. they don't make me nervous!

Carol

Stacy said...

Your mantle looks so pretty, Deb. I'm hooked on Downton Abbey, too, and looking forward to the finale tonight. The season sure went by fast, didn't it? Hope you enjoy your day with your granddaughter tomorrow. Sounds like you have a busy week ahead of you!

vintage grey said...

Beautiful mantel! Love the simple white!! xo Heather

Kim K. said...

Darling mantle. Have fun with your granddaughter. I'm sure special adventures are in store! I can't wait to see more of your spoolies. You tease!!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Oooh, I'll look forward to your post over at Carol's, Deb! I want to see more of those spoolies now that you've teased us. : ) I signed up for a Spring Swap, too, and am getting mine together. I started to wrap one up and then realized I should take pictures of the two I made for both my partners.

Theresa said...

Love the simple look:) I have to do that when I get back home! Have a blessed day dear Deb, HUGS!

Stephanie said...

Beautiful mantel! I love what you did with the frames - how clever! And the lace is stunning :)

Hugs to you,
Stephanie

Marissa said...

Lots to do this week! I am not doing a thing to my mantel.. too much trouble I only do it for Thanksgiving and Christmas.. the Spring has Topiary trees and candles..I want to be outside in my yard... LOL Have a good week..

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Love the new mantle...it does feel fresh! How fun to meet a new friend...I'll have to visit! So glad you stopped by, Deb...feels like I've dropped off the earth! Winter hibernation, I think!

Michele said...

Your mantle is beautiful!

Crabtree-Creations said...

Wow! My friend gave me two grocery bags FULL of empty spools!
Now I know what to do with them!
Thanks for sharing!

Judi said...

Hi there!
It sounds like you had a great time with the ladies and sharing goodies.
I'm not sure what spoolies are...hmmmm...but they looked very interesting...

I hope you had a great weekend...and have a good week too!
I'm glad you were able to try some of my cookies...and that you liked them too..:o)

Judi

Little Susie Home Maker said...

Sure sounds like you are doing good :) Love your mantel and the spoolies. sounds like another fun swap! I will go check out your new blog buddy! Have a great week, and I will remember Thursday at Carol's.
Blessings,
Susie

Elizabeth Andrus said...

Oh My, your sneak peek is already making me want to see more! I'm stumped myself. Thanks for the inspiration! Elizabeth

Carol (Gingerbeary8) said...

Deb your mantel is just lovely all white. I am just so curious about you spoolies and can't wait to see the whole thing. I will have to keep checking back to see if you post the whole thing.
Bear Hugs,
Carol