Monday, April 8, 2013

"A Gathering" & Bachman's Idea House ~ Porch

 On Thursday I went to "A Gathering of Friends" sale that is held inside one of Bachman's floral warehouses. It is a twice a year flea market event. Loved this "spring time" in old letters. SOLD...not to me! She also had a pair of lion statues and they sold for $400+ which I loved.
 See this AWESOME multipurpose drawer/cabinet...REALLY wanted it, $1,700+, so I didn't buy it! I only bought 2 linens! It's a very nice sale and the next one will be in the fall. Sorry that I didn't take more photos! It's a free event and LOADED with lots of goodies and ideas.  It's about 12 dealers that sell their treasures.
 After a nice lunch we toured the Bachman's Idea House. This is the porch on the front of the house. How refreshing and I'm liking the green theme.
 Another view! More of the house on my next post. The colors for this theme were yellow and gray. It's a very nice combination!

Worked my duty day at Auntie M's. Had folks in the store, but not buying..Only a few sales and one was me! LOL! I did learn something today. A customer asked if we had any "fairy lamps"... I had no idea what one was, so I found out today and she found one to purchase! They are sweet little candle holders with a "cover" on the top. Does that make sense? You can always google it!

We need SPRING here in Minnesota. It looks like snow this week...REALLY!!!

More photos of the Bachman Idea House next post!

Warmly,
deb


20 comments:

Linda said...

I want/need/love the cabinet too! Is that the Bachman idea house in Minn? I'd really love to see it and can't wait to see more of your photos.

ThrifterSisters said...

I love going to smaller flea markets that are really focused on the things I love and not just people's Goodwill castoffs!

Can't wait to see more and keeping my fingers crossed that some warmth and sunshine comes your way.

Erica

NanaDiana said...

What fun, Deb...and 2 linens is better than nothing! I bet you had a ball. Your weather is as bad as ours in WI. We have more snow coming on Wednesday & Thursday- xo Diana

Musings from Kim K. said...

What fun treasures. I'm so anxious for our once-a-month outdoor flea market to start back up. It's the end of April. I swear we'll still have snow on the ground. Enough already!

Perfectly Printed said...

It looks like a really sale! I remember you showing how the house was decorated for Christmas...it was lovely and the Spring decorations look just as nice! So glad you were able pick up a little something! chris

Faye said...

I didn't know they had a sale too! I hope the snow fizzles out, enough is enough!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Snow...REally! Enough all ready! I love when you post the Bachman house! Have a good week, wishing you a heat wave!

Carol

Blessed Serendipity said...

I love to go to flea markets. At least you found something even if it wasn't that expensive cabinet or lions. Look at it this way....You saved a ton of cash! Can't wait to see your photos from the idea house.

xo Danielle

vintage grey said...

Sounds like a lovely time!! Sending some sunshine your way! xo Heather

Protector of Vintage said...

I love fairy lamps! Was that sale over at Buck Hill in previous years?

boopnut said...

Love the library file cabinet. Awesome sale. Would love to go to something like that.

Theresa said...

I would LOVE to have that cabinet:) SO many uses but a little out of my budget! Hope you have a blessed day and can't wait to see more pics! HUGS

TammysVintage Finds said...

Looks like that was a fun event! Even though the prices were higher than most of us could or would pay, you can still get lots of inspiration and decorating ideas. I put fairy lamps in my booth from time to time, and they have all sold. They can be found in several different colors.

Andy's Attic said...

Oh that looked like a fun event!! I love it when spring comes and all the wonderful flea markets and garden events start up. sorry about the snow. You have had your share and more!!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I love that cabinet also! Wow! I love the green table setting also. I am loving the spring except for my allergies!
hugs,Linda

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

I always enjoy visiting the Gathering of Friends sale...great stuff! And topping it off with the Ideas House is a FUN day! I still see fairy lamps in the thrift stores occasionally...

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

I'd go crazy! Love that large cabinet with all the drawers and I'm still hoping to find one at a good price. So much eye candy!

Rebecca Nelson said...

How fun! I would love to visit that place.

I also love smaller markets and sales. The Affair of the Heart here in Oklahoma is so big now I generally pass on going. Can't stand all the carts and strollers. TOOOO CROWDED.

I love Fairy Lamps.

xoRebecca

craftyles said...

That drawer thing is really cool-but expensive. I also love the green table scape. SO springy. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you all don't get the snow. You deserve some nice weather up there!

Robin said...

I wanted to go to this so bad but we were out of town. I think it's the first time I've missed it in a couple years.