Monday, September 2, 2013

Painted the Dining Area & Misc...

 I decided to change up the small dining area in my home this weekend! I love my blue half wall, however it wasn't flowing with the entire area...SO...time to PAINT! Bye bye  blue, Hello, "cream/linen"! I wanted to keep the saying on the wall! I didn't have enough of the old color to paint the rest of the room. Hello, wonderful lady at Home Depot! She pretty much matched the old color!!! Above is BEFORE
 HELLO, After! I will probably add more wall art when I find something that I LOVE! Fresh and clean look! The door to the left goes to the breezeway/sun room.
 I painted the light yellow wall the new "cream/linen" color, remove the little bookcase and took down the plates.
AFTER....I will also be adding the chair rail on either side of the bow window.  I just need to stain it and hubby will put it up for me. We are also going to put up new baseboard! Need to buy that!  The old color is just a tad darker, but it's livable! I really want a new rug! This one is too small. Any suggestions for a color??? Looks like the puppies had to be in the photos!

Took Grand girl and her friend to Valley Fair on Wednesday! Rather HOT!! I went on one of the roller coasters with them and the cork screw! The guy that sat next to me on the cork screw asked it I was a "screamer"...NO, I just LAUGH the entire 90 second ride! LOL!

September is a busy month! Daughter and hubby's birthday. Duty day on Saturday at Auntie M's (come visit!), school for Grand tomorrow and we go to the DQ for first day of school treat!  Getting STUFF ready for another garage sale. Sept 12th!!! (come see). Bible Study Fellowships starts this month and I'm helping Julie at the Vintage Cottage get ready for her sale on the 19th-21th! I get paid to help! NICE!  The bluebirds let the nest. Didn't see them leave :( 

I feel FALL in the air tonight! Looking forward to cooler weather!
Take care!
Warmly,
deb

p.s. Swap partner's: You should have emailed your partner and exchanged address! Thank you!

22 comments:

Sharon said...

It looks lovely

vivian said...

Looks great Deb. I need some inspiration to redo my bedroom... but so much work and so many other things to do too.
have a great week.. I better go email my partner right now.. as I have been busy and have not done that yet! doin it now though!
have a great day!
xoxo
vivian

Perfectly Printed said...

You sure were busy Iover the long weekend!! Looks great!

Lorena Wheeler said...

Deb it looks to calming! I love the plates on the wall and framing them as well. You would NOT catch me ever on thise rides, just cant tolerate them, lol. Good for you tho, you are the coolest gma!
Have a great week, Lorena

Kathleen Grace said...

I love a fresh coat of paint, and while I have always painted my walls a "color" I find myself slowly painting all the walls creamy white and counting on my accessories to add the color. Just a calmer feel and so much easier to change out how a room looks by switching accessories! The room looks great!

Susie said...

It seems we can always find something to do around our homes. I'd love to paint all my ceilings. xoxo,Susie

Theresa said...

Love the look! I think some fresh paint is just what we all need sometimes! Have a blessed day sweet Deb, HUGS!

ThrifterSisters said...

Love your dining room remodel, Deb. Isn't it amazing what a little paint can do?

~Erica

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

What a sweet dining area, it looks so fresh and cheery! Hoping to hear back from my partner soon, I emailed a couple days ago.

Scrap for Joy said...

While I am a "blue" lover too, I love the changes you've made to your dining area. Looks bright and spacious.
You are a fun Gram....the carousel is about the most exciting ride I will go on!!
I can't believe the kids are back in school and Fall is quickly approaching. I must say that as hot and humid as Pittsburgh summers usually are, this year was a very pleasant and cooler season.
Have a good week my friend!
xoxo
Joyce

Andy's Attic said...

Nothing like a fresh coat of paint to freshen our soul! I like your fresh new look. I am going to work on my guest room soon...not painting but rearranging!

Judi Morris said...

It's amazing how they can color match things these days and your room looks great ~ a new paint job slways makes everything feel so fresh and the reward is really worth the effort!! Judi

Protector of Vintage said...

I like the ideas you have for the room! Love chair rails!!

NanaDiana said...

That looks so nice, Deb. I think it makes the area look a lot bigger, too, which is always a bonus. You kept yourself busy over the Holiday weekend. Love it- You will enjoy it during the darker days of winter, too. xo Diana

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Whewww....... you made me tired just hearing all that you are doing!! The wall looks great! Love the words. Everything always feels better with a fresh coat of paint:-)
Have a great week!

Jocelyn @ http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

vintage grey said...

A beautiful and sweet space!! Love the china on the wall with the frame! Wishing you a lovely week! xo Heather

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I just love change! I love your blue plates! You sound busy, wish I could go to DQ with you!

Carol

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

It seems fitting that Judy Garland's (who is also a Minnesota girl) most famous line remains.

I do really like the update. Well done.

GardenOfDaisies said...

I think you will enjoy having the neutral colored walls. I love your blue plates. :-)

Oliva Ohlson said...

Love your framed dish display so much you have inspired me to do something similar in my cave/craft room!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It looks so fresh and pretty! Love your Fall touches to your blog, too! Sweet hugs!

chenlina said...

chenlina20160608
cheap toms
coach factory outlet
oakley sunglasses cheap
michael kors outlet
kd 8 shoes
michael kors outlet online
louis vuitton handbags
hollister kids
coach outlet store online
kobe 9
north face outlet
nike uk
supra shoes
celine handbags
replica watches
michael kors outlet online
michael kors outlet
air huarache
mont blanc pens
abercrombie outlet
oakley sunglasses
louis vuitton outlet
cheap ray ban sunglasses
abercrombie and fitch new york
coach factory outlet
coach outlet store online clearances
ray ban sunglasses outlet
adidas originals store
louis vuitton handbags
true religion
louis vuitton outlet
ralph lauren uk
lebron 11
ray bans
gucci outlet
louis vuitton outlet stores
hollister uk
air force 1
supra sneakers
louboutin pas cher
as