Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Peek at Centerpiece for wedding & Plate wall


 These are the "faux" calla lily flowers that will be the center pieces on the tables for daughter's wedding. Just a peek for you...it's getting closer!!!  Each table will have a combination of white and the hot pink/fuchsia with black, white and clear marbles in the bottom of the vase that will have "Bling" wrapped around it.

I wasn't quite happy with my plate wall, so I added more little plates...maybe 2 more are needed! LOL!



Looks better for now!

Grandgirl has the last tourney for fast pitch that starts tomorrow and goes thru Sunday. Friday daughter and I will go to a specialty shop for "undergarments" for the wedding. That will be interesting! We are bringing our dresses to see what will work to "thin" us down a bit.

Looks like the garage sale might be next Thursday.  There may be some "time" to go treasure hunting this weekend...there are MANY listed!

I painted the wall leading to the family room today. It's the only area that hasn't been painted since we bought the house. Looks much better and of course much cleaner! Slowly the projects are getting done. Not sure about the new bathroom floor, vanity and bead board before the wedding!

Happy Weekend!
warmly,
deb

16 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

Stunning flower arrangements. Have fun shopping with your daughter this weekend.

Stephanie said...

Beautiful flower arrangements! And your plate wall is simply lovely! I like how you framed a plate - what a clever idea! I have plates hanging in my kitchen and may need to add a frame :)

Happy shopping! Hugs to you!

Scrap for Joy said...

Hi sweet Deb! I have been trying to catch up with my favorite blogs in between packing, packing, packing.
The flower arrangements are lovely, I love callas. So elegant! I'm sure you're getting very excited about the wedding!
I have always admired your plate wall. It's one of those things that looks better and better as it grows.
Have fun shopping for your "gear"-LOL! When my daughter got married, I bought super-duper panty hose that squished all of my thigh fat in....it made my dress look so much better but I never wore the pantyhose again...took me a long time to wriggle into them!! OK, too much information-LOL!
Happy Thursday!
xoxo
Joyce

Theresa said...

Love the centerpiece choice:) enjoy these days leading up to the wedding!!! Hugs

Faye said...

The flowers are beautiful and I love your plate wall. I see a bluebird plate, that is one of my favorites!
Hugs!
Faye

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Such pretty flower arrangements, those will really "sparkle!" Your plate wall looks lovely, such a cute collection you have! Have fun shopping with your daughter and hopefully at the thrift too!! ;) xo Holly

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Deb, the flower arrangements are so pretty! Sara used Calla Lillies at her wedding also. They are such an elegant flower. The plate wall looks great! I'm inspired! Enjoy your weekend.
hugs,
Linda

Annette said...

Beautiful flowers!! Love the colors. I think the wall is better, too. More is better, right? Have fun with underthingies. YUK, hate those.
Have a super sale, too.

vintage grey said...

Pretty flower arrangements and always love your sweet plate wall! Happy weekend!! xo Heather

Rose L said...

i love the plate wall and may do one in my new home.

CelestinaMarie@SouthernDayDreams said...

Beautiful centerpiece for your daughters wedding. Love your plate wall and adding the frame to the center.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs

The Polka Dot Closet said...

It is so crazy how real those beautiful faux flowers look now a days....They have come a long way baby!!! I hope you will share the specialty shopping trip....That sounds interesting, if you find out any great secrets do share!!!

Carol

Susie said...

Doesn't life get busy and crazy at times. Sounds like you have many things going on. I love the flower colors for the wedding. Your plate display is really sweet. Good luck to the g.kid in softball. xoxo, Susie

LBP said...

The calla lilies look beautiful and I love your blue and white plate wall!

Blessings

Linda

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

The flowers and colors are going to be beautiful! Have fun at your lingerie appointment...I think we all find some of those pieces for those special dresses lol!

Oliva Ohlson said...

Beautiful flower arrangements! You've been a very busy lady! I love your plate display. May you find more to add!