Sunday, August 10, 2014

A FUN Week & Mirror is Up !

 Last Tuesday we had a very fun time making "clay" animals at a studio not far from home. Grandgirl, her friend and us 2 "grandmas" went and created the animals above. I made the white puppy, grandgirl made the light brown puppy, dark puppy made by her friend and the panda was made by the other grandma!



 It was fun to learn how to make animals at this shop. The class was $16.00 per person and you completed the project there. After we went to lunch, shopping at a couple antique shops and there was a scrapbook store in this little town too! I bought some pretty papers!



 The barn wood frame and birdie were recent purchases. The door knob plate and metal piece were bought on Thursday when Faye, from Wild Rose Vintage and I met at Haupt Antique occasional shop in Apple Valley, lunch at Panera's, YUM! and found a couple of thrift stores. We didn't get any photos of  us :(  Faye had a really good time and bought some great pieces!


Here is the new mirror above the mantle. I'm WORKING on what I want on the mantle....The pink vase is also a recent purchase and it's a Red Wing. 

Thank you for all your very sweet and lovely comments about my "Bride"! 6 weeks to go!

This week I get to pick up my corset, LOL!, go to eye doctor for new contacts, taking a card class on Wednesday evening and it's a "Tea" theme.  Saturday is the "brides" bachelorette party. I am the sober driver! They are renting a boat on a lake for a 4 hour cruise, then a taco bar at her home. I'm not going on the boat....I know there are a couple other things going on...anyway...time is flying!!! 

I've been making some Halloween cards! Just in the mood :)  Oh, I ordered new flooring for the main bathroom! Nothing like a wedding to really get some projects done! It's a vinyl flooring. I'll be sure to take before and after photos. Hubby and I will be the floor, (mostly hubby!) and I will paint the existing cabinet and we are adding bead board on one wall! It sure needs an update!

Okay, I think that is everything I had to say! LOL!
warmly,
deb


16 comments:

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Life is sounding good, Deb! That class sounds like a LOT of fun and your creations are so cute! Have fun at the bachelorette party!

Faye said...

Hi Deb,
The little clay critters are so cute and you know I love that mirror! You are so busy, I don't know how you do it all. I had a great time on Thursday and I look forward to doing it again sometime!
Hugs,
Faye

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Deb, the next six weeks will fly by! Try to enjoy it as much as you can! Love the little critters, what a fun activity! Love your mirror and the new pink vase!
hugs,
Linda

boopnut said...

The clay figures are SO cute! I love them. The mirror looks just right on your mantle.
Hugs,
Deb

Little Susie Home Maker said...

You sure are one busy lady! I adore the little animals that you all made! Just darling!
Blessings,
Susie

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Deb, it all sounds like so much fun, the clay critter and then the occasional shop! Can't wait to hear about the bachelorette party!

Carol

Bargain Hunting Treasure Seeker said...

The clay animals turned out really cute!! A fun day AND great memories for your grand daughter!!

Susie said...

Deb, I love the little animals you all made. :):) Wow, that wedding is getting so close. Hard to believe. Blessings for a great week, xoxo,Susie

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Those little animals look like that would be hard to make! But you are probably all so talented! How cute they are! Hugs!

Musings from Kim K. said...

Your animal creations are darling. What a fun activity to share with your granddaughter. A fun week awaits!

Kimmie said...

Always love dropping by your blog.

x

Linda said...

Oh, the clay animal class sounds like a great time. You made some very cute animals. Yes, you are one busy lady.....be sure you take extra vitamins. LOL

Joy H said...

Love the little clay animals! Have fun at the bachelorette party! Your mantel looks great. :)

Rose L said...

I love the cute doggies you made! Looks like fun!!!

Stephanie said...

Hi Deb! Your sweet critters are extra cute!

Your mantel looks beautiful with the mirror and vases - love the vases :)

Enjoy your week, sweet lady! Hugs!

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

How cute, what a fun time the four of you had creating! I just love your mirror on the mantle, and think the sweet vases are just perfect. So lovely! Continue to have fun counting down the days. :)