Thursday, August 14, 2014

I'm feeling Gray = Bathroom makeover next week



Hubby is taking off next week from his 3:30 AM job to makeover the main bathroom...this is the new vinyl flooring that will replace the old, can't get it to look clean, ceramic tile...The photo doesn't show the grays very well..but you get the idea :)  I'm going to paint the existing cabinet the darker gray, on the right of the paint sample.I will add bead broad on the opposite wall, which will be painted the dark gray same as the cabinet. The baseboards will be white. The currant counter top is marble with swirls of gray and that is  staying. The walls will be the color on the left...

Of course there will be many photos of the before and after. Not sure if I should go with a white shower curtain, silver or gray...hmm...have a great weekend.

warmly,
deb
p.s. Sandy and I are going to have a Halloween/Fall swap...will post about that next week...it's a fun and easy swap! 





12 comments:

Linda said...

Sounds pretty, I can't wait to see the finished project :-)

Susie said...

You will have to show us the after too. I know it will be pretty. xoxo,Susie

Musings from Kim K. said...

It's going to be a gorgeous bathroom. Be sure to share "after" pics. Can't wait to participate in the Halloween swap!!!

Oliva Ohlson said...

Love the color choice! Your Hubby is a sweetheart! Can't wait to see the it all put together...it's going to be a gorgeous bathroom.
BTW...love your mantle! Thinking about joining swap...

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I love grey and think it will be a gorgeous makeover. The new header is amazing..love the buttons. Hugs!

Linda

Rose L said...

Looking forward to after shots!

Annette said...

It sounds just so elegant. You found a good floor replacement, and I like the colors you chose. Anxious to see the after!

Curtains in My Tree said...


it seems that grey is the new color for everything this year paint and clothing
Its a great neutral color
I love before and after pictures so will be looking for yours

Patti said...

I do like your samples and ideas for your bathroom. Keep us posted! The tile in my old house never looked clean either. It was hard to keep up! I'll keep watching for the swap update!

boopnut said...

If you are having white walls, I think silver would be a pretty accent for a shower curtain.
Deb

vivian said...

sounds like your bathroom will be pretty. looking forward to pics!
I'll also be waiting to hear what the halloween swap will be about. I had been contemplating hosting one myself.. we'll see though.
have a great sunday my friend
xoxo
vivian

Sandy McClay said...

Deb,
I have a similar "faux" stone vinyl floor in my laundry room! LOVE IT! You will too....I can just imagine how un-fun this is going to be for hubby...tiny space! :)