Sunday, November 30, 2014

Last Weeks Fun

Last week grandgirl and I went shopping. She picked out her Christmas gifts and then we headed to the thrift store as she needs a "sweater" for an "Ugly Christmas Sweater" party that she is going to. We found the one above and added a "few" things...jingle bells across the top,mustache, felt ornies and a snowflake on her hat. It was a nice day with her. I don't get many days like that anymore...
 

 The next day, Mom and I went to the Bachman Ideas Christmas house, yes that was visit number 2....then we had lunch. I know she enjoys time with me...hmmm...just like I enjoy time with my grandgirl....(is there a lesson in this?!!!)



Thanksgiving was nice and everyone was full. "SOME" had to wait for there treat! This is Chopper, my grand-dog...he is 9 years old now and getting gray. Always lovable and sweet!


 Still, "others" had to take a nap after all the eating!!!


...little Sweet Peas nose...

So, daughter and I went out shopping on Thanksgiving evening...(don't judge!) and then again Friday morning. Almost all done with my shopping....

I also put up my tree and mantle decorations and will share that in the next post. Needs a little "tweaking". I went with "way less" this year along with my red. white and silver colors.

Plans for this week include, annual physical, craft day on Wednesday with Erica & Tammy, Thursday is fun day with a girlfriend who is now breast cancer free, Friday evening setting up tables for a Christmas Lunch at church and Saturday is the lunch. I will be hostessing a table and will take photos. We are having a "candy bar" too for the event.

I hope you all had a lovely Thanksgiving...

Jesus is the Reason for the Season,
deb

13 comments:

Debby said...

Whoa you are a busy one. You have accomplished alot. Yeah for the friend that is free of cancer. Wish I could be there at your craft day.
Have fun with your busy week. I can't wait t see moe pictures.

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Sounds like you are enjoying life! Love the photos of your granddaughter, and you with your mom...the sweater is GREAT!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

love the sweater you and grandgirl found! plus embellishments! I'm still working on my decor but I can tell I'm doing a little less each year. Getting too hard to put it up and then take it down. I love my tree this year. Working on my crafts this week!
hugs,
Linda

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

haha Well I hope Grandgirl WON the Ugliest Sweater contest, if there was one! lol jk She looks very cute!
Awww those puppy faces are the sweetest.
Busy week for you!
Can't wait to hang out and make some cute stuff!
Erica :)

Theresa said...

Fun time with family, love it! Jesus IS the reason for the season:) Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

CelestinaMarie@SouthernDayDreams said...

Hi Deb, Beautiful pics and memories together. Your grand girl is so pretty. I think she looks like you. Great pic of you and your mother too. Enjoy those moments. My mom and I enjoyed lots of outings together and I would give anything now to have her here to enjoy that again. Love the sweet pups.
Pretty blog header!
Happy December!
xo

Annette said...

Great sweater!! Hope she won a prize. We had a lovely Thanksgiving....glad you did too. You have a busy week coming up. Enjoy!!

vivian said...

you are busy bee! I know, I dread the day when my little pies are no longer begging to spend time with me. I will cheerish all the days I get til then! I wish my mom lived near by, but shes in florida and we have an interesting history.... uh well, I miss her regardless, especially at holiday time.
Enjoy the season my friend!
xoxo
vivian

KATHY said...

Great sweater!! Looks like you have been really busy! I have to get moving and get my shopping done. Have a great day.

Kathy

Musings from Kim K. said...

Such a sweet picture of you and your Mom. I'm sure your granddaughter loved her special grandma time. What fun it must have been to add a few more embellishments to her "festive" sweater. Enjoy your week ahead and I can't wait to see your mantle. Christmas hugs!

White Lace and Promises said...

That sweater is too funny! I bet she wins the prize:) I've never been to one of those parties but I sure would like to. Sounds like a great time.

Cranberry Morning said...

Ah, the Bachman event sounds wonderful! Love the doggie pics. Such self restraint shown by the one so close to a plate of food! Lol.

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Quite the "sweater find"! Good hunting!