Saturday, March 7, 2015

Easter Mantle and Cards

                            


 I'm trying to get into the " Easter/Spring" mood. So, I put up some of my Easter/Spring decor on the mantle this week. I went super light and easy. Most of my vintage Easter didn't get put up. It is still in the boxes....anyway...My Mom made this bunny YEARS ago in a ceramic class..I LOVE IT!  I think she should have kept it, but she gave it and I love it!

 Here it is all easy and light. I don't know how fond of it I am, but that is how it's going to look this year. The wreath was at Michael's and it was CHEAP as it was from Valentine's day...



I also made some cards this week. I have no idea why the photo is sideways...I didn't take it sideways..LOL!

Went to 1 estate sale on Friday and it wasn't that good...sad face...oh well!!!

The weather is going to be "nice" this coming week! I sure hope so! I hope all the snow melts. That would lift my spirits!

Had a church Tea Party meeting today. Tastes some very delicious desserts, tough job, right! It will be in May, so it's time to get the party going!

That is about all that is going on around here...
warmly,
deb


18 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Sweet mantel! I am ready for some Spring but haven't decorated yet. The bunny is very special.
hugs,
Linda

Debbie Kay said...

Your mantel looks so springy. I want to get my Spring/Easter décor out, maybe will do that tomorrow. Cute cards, as always.

Hugs,

Debbie

Patti said...

You have such fun at your church - which makes me so happy! How fun! Your mantels are always so pretty!

Mimi Mama said...

What a pretty post! Would you do me the honour of sharing it at my new Five Star Frugal Linkup? We'd love to have you...Mimi xxx
http://atrayofbliss.blogspot.com.au/2015/03/five-star-frugal-8.html

Kimmie said...

Have loved following your pretty posts over the years!

x

Musings from Kim K. said...

You've got me in the mood to get more Easter out. Love the bunny that your mother made. Thinking warm thoughts!!!

NanaDiana said...

OMGOSH- That mantle is so cute AND looks like Easter AND Spring to me. What fun. Your cards are adorable. xo Diana

Theresa said...

Love your mantel:) That bunny is precious! Enjoy your week and the nice weather! HUGS!

Kelly Deal said...

Hi Deb! Your mantle is beautiful and I love your Easter cards! That reminds me that I need to start making mine!

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Loving your mantle display, so fresh and spring looking, just what we all need. Cute cards!

Sher Miller said...

Your mantle looks great!
Hugs, Sher

CelestinaMarie@SouthernDayDreams said...

Hi Deb, your springtime Easter mantel is so pretty. Love the sweet bunny your mom made. Love your cards!!
Enjoy the warm up this week.
Hugs, CM

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

So pretty, Deb! With this warm weather, I'm even more ready to decorate for spring. We finally got the last of the winter decorations off the front porch today lol!

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

I really like the mantle! and the bunny is so sweet and that your mom made it is a big bonus.
The plates are W.S. George and i have 4 cups/saucers, 6 dinner plates, 1 serving bowl and dessert plates and small bowls. What I want to do is keep 2 or 3 of the plates and mix and match with other W.S George so will sell the extra !
(())

Karen L. Bates said...

OMGosh, those cards are just adorable! I love the little bunnies you made....so cute. You have a real eye for texture...super sweet!

Dorothy Crutchfield said...

I like your mantel, it is just right. Your mantels are always pretty, and those cards are delightful!
Blessings,
Dorothy and Ms.Wilma

Melissa/Piney Rose said...

What a pretty mantel decor! I love that mirror too.

Quilt Fabric Pizazz said...

I love your Mom's bunny! It has such a kind sympathetic look, and I think that is hard to find these days in modern new ones.