Friday, May 15, 2015

Cards, Finds & Jeanne Update


 On Tuesday, Erica and Tammy came over and we made cards!!! Above are the ones we made and below are the ones I made the next day as I was in the card making grove! LOL!!! The seed cards are copies of the original seed packets that I have in my little collection...oops, I see candy and someones hand!!


 It's fun to make cards :)


On Monday I worked my duty day. At this shop, when people come in to SELL their goodies you can buy them! The dealers who arrive first in the morning, get first choice. I was working with 2 guy and I was the 2nd dealer in, SO, these are my duty day purchases! ALL for $23.00 !!! SCORE...they are from 2 different sellers. I got over 60 Hankies for $4.00!!! I've washed them and will iron them soon! I've been neglectful in adding new things to the booths!! I'm keeping the reindeer tin and a couple teacups. 




We looked into the bluebird nest and there are "5" eggs!!! Hooray!!! Can't wait for 5 baby bluebirds!

Went to visit Jeanne today at the hospital. Her speech is better than I expected :) It has affected her right side. Later today she was going to be transferred to "rehab" for a week or so! THANK YOU SO MUCH for your Prayers! God heard and is answering! She is having "double" vision and keeps her eyes shut most of the time. The doctors think this will go away...praying so!

Hubby and I went to a couple estate sales today. Busy day and ready to relax! I hope your weekend is Joyful!!  Thankful for your friendship!

warmly,
deb

p.s. Marge, the ferns that we got from your homestead last summer and growing beautifully and you met Jeanne at the garage sale last summer.

16 comments:

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Your cards are lovely! You always do a beautiful job on them! I'll keep your friend in my prayers for a continued recovery!

Rebecca said...

What a DEAL on those handkerchiefs! (And the cards turned out beautifully.)

vivian said...

lovely cards! Ive been thinking about making cards with some of my photos. I have lots of ideas!
I used to collect hankies and I made the cutest angel dolls with their dresses made from hankies. havent made one in many years!
have a great weekend Deb.
xoxo
vivian

boopnut said...

Will continue to keep Jeanne in my prayers! Cute cards!
Deb

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Such cute cards. How fun you had another craft day together. Wow, you scored on your purchases. Amazing hankie buy!

Glad to hear your sister is recuperating. Will keep sending prayers.

Musings from Kim K. said...

Continued prayers for Jeanne. I was really enjoying seeing sneak peeks of your card making on Erica's Instagram Account. I keep telling her, that I want to come visit all you gals for a crafty day. Such a deal on those hankies!! Love that reindeer tin too.

CelestinaMarie@SouthernDayDreams said...

Hi Deb, prayers continue for Jeanne. Darling cards and what a great deal on the hankies. Have a nice weekend.
Blessings,CM

Bonnie Jobe said...

Such good new about Jeanne! I bet she will go back to normal...making good progress so far!!! Yay!

I love you seed packet cards and the cherry one especially! It is fun to make cards and now I think I better get busy. Twelve friends have coffee three times a week and then we have b'day lunch once a month. Lots of cards and never a duplicate...we always marvel at that.

Continues prayers for you and your friend.

Bonnie

Rose L said...

lucky girl!

Sandy McClay said...

Deb,
I just LOVE all of those cards! I will give you a call, it is too late now as we have that darn time difference and it is 10:00 at your house...I will call on Sunday....hope all is OK with Jeanne....

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Just love all those pretty cards you girls made!! How fun to have a day to make and create together!! :) WOW....you really scored!! Love that big pile of everything you got, I can't believe all those pretty hankies for 4 dollars! Continue hugs and prayers for her too!! xo Holly

Linda said...

Very pretty cards! I have so many here I need to finish and a ton of other things I want to do. Looks like you had a busy and productive day.

Theresa said...

Prayers answered and continuing to pray! I would have passed out to get all of those hankies AND for that price:) LOVE your cards:) Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

Kelly Deal said...

Lovely cards! I can't believe you got 60 hankies for $4.00. Wow what a deal!

Susie said...

Deb, I will keep Jeanne in my prayers. I went to lunch with my sister Barb. She is tired but doing well. I hope and pray Jeanne does well in rehab. I love what your sweet hubby did for you. How very thoughtful. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

Oliva Ohlson said...

Beautiful cards and great finds!!!