Sunday, June 21, 2015

Gaga Over Kitchen Glasses & Gift

I am just "gaga" over vintage kitchen drinking glasses. I found some new ones yesterday. They are the ones with the red, yellow and aqua/green on them with flowers in a basket! Do you see my lemonade glasses...perfect with ice cold lemonade in them :)  




 This is inside the entire cabinet where my everyday plates are and my growing glass collection.  It is the little things that can put the biggest smile on my face :)


Which leads perfectly into some "love mail" from my friend, Debbie Kay! I also have a collection of themed kitchen towels...so now I have some for the 4th. Magazines to look over. I already saw a couple of recipes that I want to make. Debbie also knows that I make cards and sent me these packets of cards to make.
THANK YOU, Debbie! You are a sweetie who is always thinking of others!!XO

Tomorrow is my duty day. Tuesday my Grandgirl and I are going to see the movie "Inside Out" It is the FIRST movie that I am taking her to. When she was little, she seemed afraid of going to movies. Too loud she told me as one of her parents took her when she was little...anyway...I am so looking forward to time with her!! (Blessing!)

The garage sale was poor... under $200,oh well! There is always September!!!

The kids are coming over tonight for "dads" day.  My kids are from my first marriage. However, they feel that hubby is more of a dad to them. (Blessing!) He has been the one that is there for them!!!  Ribs on the grill, coleslaw and homemade honey cornbread muffins, that I just made this afternoon with banana cream pie...hubby's favorite! We are even going to eat outside on the picnic table.

I read this today: "Choose JOY"!!

warmly,
deb


20 comments:

Terra said...

Your Fathers Day celebration sounds like fun, and your glasses are a treat. Often it is the little things that make us smile, like your love mail from a friend.

Susie said...

Deb, Sounds like a nice Father's day meal. I loved my step dad so very much...he was always good to all seven of us that weren't his. I adore your glasses. Makes me think of all the years of drinking Kool-Aid from jelly glasses. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love pretty vintage glasses too and that's all I use now. I like the small ones for juice too. What wonderful gifts from your friend. I'll visit her! Have fun this evening! Hugs, Diane

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Love your new glasses! I love the vintage one's myself, drinks just taste better in them! Happy Father's Day to your husband!
hugs,
Linda

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Such sweet glasses. I love them too and mine are taking over my cabinet, just like yours, ha ha. Sorry about your garage sale, sometimes that just happens during the summer.

Sounds like a terrific fathers day for your family! Sweet package from sweet Debbie Kay! :)

Patti said...

Debbie Kay is the sweetest ever! She knows how to bless a sister, for sure! Your glasses are adorable. I have one pink one - not quite a collection. I am so glad you have a sweet husband who loves your children. It IS a blessing!

janice15 said...

I too love pretty vintage glasses I have several that I had for years.. but whenever I see them I buy them most of the time.. 200 hundred is not to bad.. it's better than just 25.. Have a wonderful new week with love Janice

Sandy McClay said...

Just love those glasses, of course you know I would...I will keep my eyes open...:) Your Father's Day dinner sounded wonderful, Wayne had to work so no Father's Day this year...:(

Musings from Kim K. said...

I love your swanky swigs! Such pretty patterns on those vintage glasses. I've started collecting them for the Aframe too. Heck, what don't I collect? I'm sure you had a fabulous father's day celebration. Your dinner sounded delicious. Enjoy your precious time with your granddaughter.

Theresa said...

I choose joy too:) What a sweet gift from a dear friend! I love getting surprises in the mail:) Enjoy your day dear Deb, HUGS!

CelestinaMarie@SouthernDayDreams said...

Hi Deb, love your wonderful glass collection. I love the vintage designs and these bring back great memories. Beautiful and special gift from Debbie Kay. Sounds like the perfect Dad's Day bbq. Have fun at the movies with your grandgirl.
Hugs, cm

Annette said...

I just love your cheerful glass collection. I agree that some little things just make our day!! Sounds like a great Fathers Day dinner. Hope your week goes well. Enjoy the movie!!

Emily said...

I love vintage glasses/swanky swigs! They are always so hard for me to turn down when I'm out treasure hunting. Nice collection!! :)

Joy H said...

Awe sounds like you all had a great Father's day together!
Love the glasses :)

Consider It All Joy said...

I hope you enjoyed your 'dads' day with family! Love your collection of glasses, so fun to find vintage sets. How nice to receive a bit of happy mail, my favorite days ;) Many blessings, Cindy

The Junque Seeker said...

Love your finds and your happy mail! Garage sales are always so tempting but I never have much luck with them. I always swear I'll never have another, but after a few years I always do it again! Hope September is better for you.

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Sounds like a great menu for Dads day...Yum! I love vintage glasses too, they were so fun and colorful!

Carol

donna said...

Love your glasses. One of my friends just found me some with Cherries on them.
Hugs
donna

Kathleen Grace said...

I love those old glasses! So bright and pretty and fun. I have a few I have collected over the years, I need to dig them out and use them. Have fun with your granddaughter. I sure miss having little girls to go to the movies with. Someday....:)

Bargain Hunting Treasure Seeker said...

Thanks for sharing! I too LOVE old glasses, and I have wayyy too many, but I love them, and I love the smile things like that brings to my face and my heart-enjoy!!