Monday, August 10, 2015

New Bluebird Plate & Finds


 Recently found a new to me bluebird platter. This one has more bluebirds on it and is now in the place on honor on my dining room wall...


Hubby and I both love the "Girl with Cherries" print. We already have one. This one is heading to a booth. Postcards were dirt "cheap"...which is amazing since most of them are REAL ANTIQUES...


A couple of years ago I had a bread bowl like this one. A friend came over and has wanted one for years, so I gave her my bowl...and then was a little sad...well...I have this one now and it will be staying with me!! It is older than the other one. It was only $2.00 ( two dollars)....I think it was a "God thing"!!! He does give us the desires of our hearts....at His time :)

This week I should get stuff done around the house...not much going on, except for my duty day on Wednesday. 

I'm having a "Pocket Letter Swap" see last post if anyone is interested. If you don't know anything about them, google  or pinterest it...

I can feel the change of the season beginning...  Sister had a set back with dehydration and needed to go to the hospital a few times. Continued prays for her...this means that her re-connect surgery will be later then she hoped...Thank you for all the prayers for her and my friend with ovarian cancer!

warmly,
deb

15 comments:

Faye said...

Hi Deb, love that bluebird platter! I have one just like it but it's pretty well used and crazed, some day I'll add a nice one like yours to my collection...great find!
I'll keep your sister and your friend in my thoughts.
Yes, is sure does feel like Fall is right around the corner!
Faye

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Deb, the bluebird platter is adorable! Love it and it's perfect on your wall. The bread bowl is special and for $2! I do think God leaves things for us to find at times!
hugs,
Linda

Theresa said...

Love your plate collection! I will continue to pray for your Sister and your Friend! My Daddy made a bread bowl like that! My Oldest Sister wanted it but has since given it to my Brother:) God is good to us, isn't he? Have a blessed evening dear Deb, HUGS!

Deanies Stash said...

Your plates are wonderful! I like the bread bowl! Praying for your sister and friend.

Hugs,
Diannne

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Your Bluebird platter is beautiful. And I can't believe the deal you got on the bread bowl! I've always wanted one but they are so expensive!! Great find.

Hugs, Jocelyn

20 North Ora said...

Your plate collection is gorgeous! Fantastic deal on the bread bowl. Am looking forward to the swap. Prayers for your sister and friend.

Judy

Linda said...

I love old postcards, I don't get to flea markets anymore to look for them :-( I agree, it is a God thing....lots of time I go to the thrift store (it's a small one too) and find just what I am looking for. Prayers sent for your sister and friend.

Musings from Kim K. said...

Continued prayers for your sister. I love how you are displaying your plate collection. It sounds like you have been blessed with some fun treasures lately for good prices. Good for you! It has definitely gotten more hectic at my work with the preparation for fall semester. It's also Emma's senior year in high school! I'm definitely not ready for summer to end.

The Polka Dot Closet said...

So glad you have your bread bowl! I have done the same thing before, gave or sold something I regretted. So sorry to hear your Sis is having a set back, poor thing, she must be pretty sick of being sick. Back she goes onto my prayer list.

Carol

boopnut said...

I love the way you decorate! If you ever come my way....
You find such wonderful things. I would have difficulty putting them into the booth and not my home! God's timing sure is wonderful!
Deb

Oliva Ohlson said...

Hi Deb!!! Great finds...love love love all! Your plate wall is beautiful and the new plate adds even more to it! I wish my plate wall look half as good as yours :-(

Praying for your sister.

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Love your new bread bowl and your plate wall is beautiful! Score on the vintage postcards too. Will send more prayers for your sister and friend.

I had to google the pocket letter before I signed up, looks like much fun! :)

The Junque Seeker said...

Congrats on that beautiful blue bird platter! I have a small one from my grandmother but it's in rough shape, as are the two pieces I've added to start a collection -a small pitcher and plate. Love all your other finds, too!

Bonnie Jobe said...

We sure do have a few things in common....your have blue plates on your wall and I have red plates! Love your new plate...birds on anything make me happy!

Prayers for your sis and friend...so many need our prayers. God's blessings!

Bonnie

BumbleBeeLane said...

Be still my heart the little wood trencher bowl. The ironstone transferware is wonderful too. You scored! ~♥Amy