Sunday, November 8, 2015

Living Room


Here is the living room in the new color "Spatial White" by Sherwin Williams in the HGTV line. At first I wasn't loving it and thought it looked "green". It's fine and I'm happy that I didn't go with the "Unique Gray". See the chair on the top left...see below about it. I'm also looking for something to put the TV on...I think it's okay in the corner, for now.






I also bought the gray tone rug, lap blanket in grays and the "new to me" cream chair on the right of the photo that also rocks and swivels at an estate sale for $15.00! I will slowly add wall art. The clock and mirror are a MUST!

Fun week ahead: tomorrow going to the Christmas Bachman Ideas house with my Mom & Auntie, Tuesday going to the thrift stores with my girlfriend that is recovering from ovarian cancer, Wednesday is my "duty day, Thursday is Bible Study Fellowship and the singing for the "Seniors" and throw in a couple of Zumba classes. All good!

Have you seen a "Christmas tree" made from stacking suitcases? Saw one in a magazine and what a great idea...

I hope you all have a great week and some FUN!
warmly,
deb


14 comments:

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Such a pretty living room Deb! Paint is always difficult to choose, different hues show in different types of light. You chose well. Have a fun busy week. :)

NanaDiana said...

Your room looks great, Deb. I don't see any green in the wall color at all. Love the touches of gray and that chair was a great find for that price. It looks like it is in excellent shape.
I haven't seen those suitcases stacked but will look for it now.
Have a great week- sounds like a busy one to me! xo Diana

Rebecca said...

Your week DOES sound full!
I like the way your room is coming together! That "new" chair must be a comfortable one. It's a great fit.
Today, I have great motivation to clean our living room. (It remains to be seen if I'll rearrange or just dust, vacuum, and put away...)

Theresa said...

I love that wall color:) So happy that you are getting your room JUST like you like it! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Your living room looks so warm and inviting.
Have a blessed week.
Jocelyn

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

I love the color you chose, along with the rug and throw! Your room looks bright and sunny and cozy!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Busy week!! I love that new color and the softness of this room. I enlarged the 2nd photo to see things better and guess who I saw in the hall mirror...lol!!! Have a great week Deb.
hugs,
Linda

CelestinaMarie@SouthernDayDreams said...

Hi Deb, your room is lovely. Really like this light wall color and the grey tone rug is gorgeous. So inviting and cozy. Sounds like you have a very busy week. The vintage suitcase tree sounds interesting. xo

Musings from Kim K. said...

Such a beautiful color on your walls. The rug adds the perfect compliment. Enjoy your week ahead and now I need to check out the vintage suitcase tree. I'm intrigued.

Junkchiccottage said...

Love the color of the walls Deb. The room looks so cozy and inviting. Have a great new week ahead.
Kris

Linda said...

Wow, where have I been? I finally caught up with your blog. Glad your sister and friend are doing well! Love your living room, it looks so peaceful. I think if I have a chance to redo any of my rooms I am going to go monochromatic. SOMEDAY, someday I will get to the Bachman idea house. I hope you can post some of the ideas. enjoy!!!!

Joy H said...

I have seen a tree from stacking books and adding lights so I bet
suitcases would work great too. Your living room looks great. I really
really need a new rug. Love yours!

Rosie said...

It looks great,Deb! If you think it looks green , it may be a tint in your windows. I had new windows put in my house and they were tinted blue and it messed up all the walls in the house! I'm looking forward to your bachman pictures. They are always inspiring!

craftyles said...

Your living room is looking really nice. I love the wall color-so bright. The gray accents look really pretty with your furniture.