Saturday, December 12, 2015

Christmas Luncheon


This was made my a member of the luncheon team. She is a very creative woman. This was in the dining area.


There were 14 tables for this event. I didn't take photos of every table, sorry! I got busy and then the program started.
This was a fun favor, a shoe horn from Ikea!



A couple more tables and the one above is the one I set. I cheated and used paper plates! Bad hostess! I had a table of 10 ladies.


This one is way prettier than shown in the photo.


YUMMY cupcakes...red velvet on the left, white on the top, gingerbread on the right and totally homemade...and chocolate peppermint! VERY GOOD! We cut the cupcakes in half to share at the table. We also served quiche, salad, warm buns, wassail, and coffee.  I also forgot to take a photo of the Candy Bar which is a huge hit with all ages!!!

We ate, sang a few Christmas carols, played a game at the table, dessert and the reading from a story book about Three Trees, related to the Christ story.  I forgot the title...sorry.  I'm hoping someone was blessed today.

Tomorrow is my work day at Mainstreet.  I'll go after church and then I'm done until 2016!  Grandgirl school is singing at the MOA this week and I plan on going to hear her!

I hope you are able to go to a Christmas event.
warmly,
deb


17 comments:

Junkchiccottage said...

Deb,
The tables for your Christmas luncheon look beautiful. Oh what fun for a holiday get together. Glad you enjoyed the luncheon.
Have a great week end as we head on down to the big day.
Kris

Rebecca said...

This type of Christmas luncheon is always so special!
Just yesterday I enjoyed a much smaller, intimate luncheon. I felt very pampered.
It sounds like you have a few more events to enjoy....Merry Christmas.

CelestinaMarie@SouthernDayDreams said...

Hi Deb, the tables are beautiful and I love yours. So very pretty. Sounds like a wonderful time for all. Enjoy the week and hearing your grandgirl in the singing. Merry Christmas xo

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love the pretty linens you used on your table! Have a wonderful day! Holiday hugs, Diane

Susie said...

Deb, I love seeing all the pretty table set for a fun time and meal with friends. Gee, some of those paper plates are beautiful. I know you are going to love hearing your gdaughter sing. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

Patti said...

Your table is beautiful! I love the vintage look. Glad you are having fun! Happy family time!

Rose L said...

Such a unique idea for an event. The tables were all lovely!

Shirley Hatfield said...

I love hosting a table at our church luncheons...it's fun to use creativity within the theme of the event. Everything looked lovely...I love this time of year!

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Oh how I would love to see all those tables. Yours is beautiful Deb, and your pretty plates (paper, but so pretty!) go so well with the lovely Christmas tablecloth. Great centerpiece. Yes, enjoying a Christmas event sure does help with the Christmas spirit. :)

craftyles said...

The tables look so festive. Love those shoe horns. We went to a Christmas concert so far. That gets me into the Christmas spirit! Have a great week!

Consider It All Joy said...

I love luncheons where each table is so beautifully decorated by individuals or teams, so much fun! I'm sure the luncheon part was good too! Enjoy your week! Cindy

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Love the tables all decorated! I've been to a few events and it does get me in the Christmas mood!
hugs,
Linda

Diane Mars said...

Wonderful Different Tables How fun that they each had a theme of there own! I will be going to lot's of Holiday Events last weekend Friday and Saturday I worked at an Estate Sale so I have some catching up to do with my Holiday Shopping~
Hugs, Diane

Ginger Maddison said...

I like the way all that tables are decorated. Really cute! We at essay-writer-club will have a Christmas party, so we where just looking for some ways to decorate our tables. And here we are)

Sherry @ Thrift My House said...

The tables look beautiful. I love paper plates by the way :) Enjoy your family and I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

Oliva Ohlson said...

Your table is beautiful and the paper plates are just perfect!!! The dress form is so cute!
I want to copy your Church's luncheons for our Church Women's Guild! Any more ideas?

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

This looks like so much fun...and your table was beautiful! Hope you had fun at the concert!