Friday, December 18, 2015

Reflections & Grandgril



I LOVE how the Christmas tree lights reflected in the bow window.



Grandgirl's school sang at the MOA this week. I had a hard time getting any photo of her :)  It was so sweet.


I am deeply disappointed at the "Christmas" decorations at the Mall of America. It is so minimal, plain and not Christmas. Just trees in white and silver. Nothing hanging from the ceilings as they have always had, no ornies on the trees...This "holiday"is CHRISTMAS!! Oh well, I don't shop there anyway....

 I am almost ready to celebrate the Birth of Jesus. I need to check my"list" this weekend, finish writing in the cards & mail them and wrap the presents. We may not have snow for Christmas, but we have the cold. I hope you are almost ready too for the celebration of Jesus' Birth.

warmly,
deb


9 comments:

Junkchiccottage said...

Enjoy the week end Deb getting the last few things done before the big day comes.
Merry Christmas.
Kris

Rebecca said...

It's probably hard pleasing everyone (speaking of the MOA).... Trying setting the thermostat in a public room, for instance. Too hot for some; too cold for others.
For Christmas, some prefer traditional - lots of red and white. Others are on a turquoise binge. Others what to keep it natural and simple. (It's VERY simple around here this year, by the way.) Main thing is WHO/WHAT we're celebrating. Merry Christmas, Deb.

Susie said...

Deb, I am finding it hard to get photos of my grandgirls by camera...but boy they whip those phones out for selfies. LOL. Cracks me up. I am with you...It's Christmas , a holiday named for the birthday of Christ. I am going to yell merry Christmas ...load and proud. LOL. Please let me wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas. I pray we all have a peaceful New Year. xoxo,Susie

craftyles said...

I'm getting there, Deb. Cute picture of your Grand daughter. Enjoy the season and your week!Have a very Merry CHristmas!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Deb, I am so guessing anything to do with Christmas would not be politically correct!!! Bah Humbug...It is so upsetting...Merry Christmas my dear friend!

Carol

CelestinaMarie@SouthernDayDreams said...

Hi Deb, such a cute pic of your grandgirl. Love the tree reflection and your beautiful window display. I hate to see Christmas being taken out of the decorations. It is Christmas and the birth of the Christ child. MERRY CHRISTMAS and many blessings to you and your dear family.
xo

Rose L said...

I hope your Christmas is bright and beautiful. Enjoy it with your loved ones!

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Sweet photo of grandgirl. I like the trees and am impressed with the size of them, but it does look rather sparse.

Have a very Merry week and blessed Christmas!

Warmly, Pam

Terra said...

The word holiday does not convey Christmas. Dec. 25 and surrounding days are celebrating Christmas for millions of people.