Sunday, May 22, 2016

4 Days of Treasure Hunting


I love it when the bridal bushes bloom. Such pretty little flowers put a smile on my face. Hubby took a week off and we did some treasure hunting! Much fun!!! On day we went to Stillwater, MN and had lunch by the waterfront and of course "treasure hunting". It was a nice day with my hubby and a nice way to celebrate our wedding anniversary.



This is just a few of the Fisher Price toys that were bought to re-sell as well as the mantle mirror. We went to estate sales, antiques stores and a couple of garage sales. The Toys sign is added to hubby's collection of toys!


We bought more treasures than you see in all the photos...Oh Oh!!! The Boston terrier door stop is staying for awhile. I think the dog looks crabby!


Yes, more Valentines!! Dick & Jane books...it was fun "shopping".


Yes, pyrex for the booth. I may have paid a little too much for this set. Still hoping to make a few dollars on it. Mint condition.


The plates are for tea parties and will be added to my growing collection. The tea cup is Avon. I like that it has a dark hair lady on it. There are more treasures that I didn't show you. A few more Fisher Price pieces, a crock, and a couple of things that are gifts.


We had a fun few days treasure hunting. Now it's time to "work":  price, tag and bring the treasures to the booths. I'd rather "shop"! LOL!!

I hope you all have a great week. Spring is here in Minnesota! Hooray! 
warmly,
deb


16 comments:

Theresa said...

You always find the cutest treasures:) Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Maggie Kruse said...

This weekend was gorgeous. No mosquitoes yet which was great!

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Oh some treasure hunting days with a nice lunch out is such fun! You did great. You just need the right Pyrex person and that set will fly out of your booth. Love the Valentines best. :)

Melissa Stanley said...

shopping is the fun part! the cleaning, pricing, and bringing to the booth isn't! :) you got a lot of great treasures!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

My first comment was just what Melissa said, shopping is the fun part!! you found some great items and the Pyrex is really sweet. Happy Day my friend.
hugs,
Linda

Rose L said...

It is always fun to go out treasure hunting. I do hope the items sell quickly!

Joy H said...

Wow you found some real treasures. A friend of mine's husband also collects signs.
Have a great week!

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

OH look at all of those wonderful goodies...and I'd keep the dog doorstop, too!

Lady Linda said...

WOW!!! You are my kind of gal. You really found some wonderful fun items. It's so much fun to go junkin'. So nice that you and your hubby enjoy doing it together. My Jimmy and I do too.

cynthia lee designs said...

What great finds!!
~Cindy

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

What fun treasures you and your hubby found, Deb!! I sure could go for that vintage sewing machine! It sounds like you had a wonderful anniversary with your sweetie. Enjoy those special memories!

craftyles said...

What a pile of treasures you found, Deb. Love all the toys. The Pyrex is such a cheerful shade of yellow. So glad you have spring weather at last. Enjoy it and have fun "working" on your stuff.

vivian said...

great finds! I love all the fisher price toys. They have always been my favorite toys. and that doggie door stop... LOVE it!
I stopped at two yard sales last weekend and found nothing! maybe I'll try again this weekend.
have a great memorial day weekend!
xoxo
vivian

Patti said...

I am so loving all your toys! OH...drooling is more like it. This is a HUGE yardsale weekend up my way - maybe I'll get out and hunt a bit. Have a great weekend!

Lyneen J said...

LOVE all your finds... your shop must be awesome!!!

sandy said...

OMG love the Boston Terrier Door Stop. Is he for sale? If so I'm interested.