Thursday, July 7, 2016

Cards, $10.00 bag & Family photo



I was with my BFF last week and we made some cards. I really enjoy card making and next week a blogging buddy is coming over to make cards with me! I will be sure to do a post. She is a wonderful card maker :)

We went to another AWESOME estate sale this past weekend. Hubby bought a set of lawyer bookcases for his toy collection. One of these days I will show you his collection. Above is a $10.00 bag. Whatever fits in the bag goes!


 This is what I had in the $10.00 bag...the tin canisters are in tough shape. I figured I paid less than a dollar per item.




These are from the same sale, but at full price :)  The estate sale was of a former antique dealer and there were real antiques there! It was a good sale. Happy that hubby had the day off!


This is one of the photos from Mom's 80th birthday party. I won't show you my entire family as per their privacy! I might use this photo for Christmas cards. Grandgirl wore very tall shoes. She is about 5' 6" or so!

Confession: I haven't started cleaning up the family room. Today grandgirl and I cleaned out the linen closet and a couple of kitchen cabinets. The family room is over whelming for me right now

I hope you are enjoying these summer days!
warmly,
deb


19 comments:

Debby said...

Great treasures and cards.
Very nice family picture. You are already ahead for Christmas.

Rebecca said...

"Warmly" is RIGHT! Here in NE Indiana, at least...
I do have fun with bag sales :)
Looks like YOU did, too.

Carol Slater said...

I love those cards. I do enjoy making cards and bought some more stamps yesterday but I don't do anything like these.

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Your cards are so pretty, Deb! It looks like you got some great items from the sale. I loved seeing your family photo. I went to Ohio last week to celebrate my mom's 87th birthday, but was sad to leave her.
You'll get to the family room, and I just think it's so nice that you have a helper. It's much easier with someone there to encourage along the way, isn't it?

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a wonderful family photo! And I love the cards you made and treasures you found. You're having a good summer! Hugs!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I love a good family photo and that is a great one! Looks like a fun sale and you got some great goodies.
hugs,
Linda

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Deb, lovely cards you girls made. What great finds to fit in the bag. Those sales are always fun. Love your family photo. It will be a great one for Christmas cards.
Enjoy the weekend and be blessed! xo

Jocelyn said...

Wow your $10 bag looks awesome! Great finds.

Have a blessed weekend.
Jocelyn

Melissa Stanley said...

WONDERFUL treasures. I would've bought everything you did!

Junkchiccottage said...

Great finds Deb. Love the cute vintage cards you made. That is a beautiful picture of you and your family. It will make a nice Christmas card. Have a great week end.
Kris

Theresa said...

Oh what a wonderful bag of goodies:) Love your cards! Have a blessed day dear Deb, your Mom looks MARVELOUS! HUGS!

craftyles said...

What a wonderful estate sale. Great finds for you. Your family picture is so sweet. I love the cards you made. I need to get crafting and do some of those!

Consider It All Joy said...

I Love your $10 bag of great goodies!! You are a talented card maker as well and I'm sure you will enjoy getting a chance to visit with a friend while creating great cards! Have a great week!! Blessings, Cindy xo

vivian said...

You always make the prettiest cards Deb. I have a couple that youve sent me over the years in a basket in my craft room. Im glad you're getting to craft with some friends. I havent done that in quite a while! Need to soon.. well.. halloween is coming.. so Im sure there will be crafting then.
great family picture! Its pretty much impossible to get my whole family in one picture. but I havent tried in a long time! lol!
have a great day. I do believe that I shall be hitting the beach this afternoon!
xoxo
vivian

Stephanie said...

Your cards are adorable, my friend! And how fun to have a blogging friend over...I look forward to seeing the post on that and not that I need to tell you, but have fun! :)

Your estate sale finds are wonderful and you definitely got some wonderful treasures tucked into the brown bag.

Happy hugs to you!

Boopnut said...

Love your cards and finds! I know who your blogging friend is, (she's mine too).
Glad you had such a great time, and oh, I love the family picture! Those are priceless!
Deb

Carol said...

Card-making is such a fun thing to do, and especially if you are creating with a friend! Thank you so much for visiting my creative space and for leaving sweet comments!

Happy Weekend!
Carol

Pat Cantwell said...

Garage $ale Gal,
WoW!
I'd say you scored b i g!
I saw many amazing finds from your sack!
Thank you for visiting and for become a new follower!
I see you're also, a card maker!
Fondly,
Pat

Katie Mansfield said...

Wow. What a deal. I love the canisters.