Wednesday, August 3, 2016

AWESOME Fall Finds!


That estate sale I went to a couple of weeks ago was pretty fabulous! So many treasures that I love! These velvet pumpkins are staying at my house...they were 50 cents each! SCORE!


More fall finds that will probably end up at the booths...


More fall finds...I did a little "digging" and found these treasures :) also probably heading to the booths...



These awesome and I believe VINTAGE Halloween nut cups were at the bottom of a bin and got them for ONE DOLLAR for all of them! These will be added to my collection!  I don't have a big Halloween collection. I keep the "cuter" side of Halloween.

That estate sale had decorations for every season. It was an AWESOME estate sale!

Stinkin Hot & Humid here with the mosquitoes eating us alive. The poor doggies come inside with a skeeter sucking away on their nose!  :(

Grandgirl didn't want to go to the movie with me last week.  :(  Hoping to take her shopping tomorrow to buy an outfit for school, unless she cancels on me.  I buy her an outfit (or 2) for school every year. She is my One and Only, so I can spoil her if she lets me!

Update on the baby cardinals:  Sweet Pea "knew" that something was going on in that bush and "nature" took over...there are NO baby birds in the nest...BAD DOG...it happened too quickly and we didn't see her "do it".  Boy dog came into the house with "something" in his mouth...yup...it was a sad day :(

keep cool,
deb

14 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh, look at you, my friend, you did indeed find some wonderful treasures! It's hard to believe autumn is just around the corner!

I hope you are able to take your granddaughter shopping as those are such sweet times to make memories. She is blessed to have you as her grandmother.

Love and hugs!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I went to a Halloween party when I was a girl...back in the 50s and we each got a little cup like those filled with candy corn and kisses. I haven't seen one of those in years. Great find. Of course I love those velvet pumpkins too! WOW! You did great! Hugs, Diane

craftyles said...

You always find the best stuff. Love the velvet pumpkins. So sorry about the baby birds-but you can't control nature. Hope it cools down for you soon!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

The velvet pumpkins are gorgeous! Great finds all around. I love that we are starting to think about Fall!
hugs,
Linda

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Ooh Deb, those velvet pumpkins were a great find! I've been admiring those for several years, but don't have any. They look so pretty on your tray. Great finds on all the other things, as week. Sorry about the baby birds, but one can't control nature!

Carol Slater said...

The velvet pumpkins are nice. I don't want to decorate yet for fall, but I know it is coming. I will wait till late August or the first of Sept. I know it's around the corner.

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Nice finds! Love the Halloween cups. Just looking at your goodies makes me want to start fall & Halloween crafting. Oh our mosquitos are terrible this year too. Poor doggies aren't immune either. Have fun shopping with grandgirl!

vivian said...

great fall finds! those velvet pumpkins are great. Id keep them too. Ive made a few of them, but you can not find velvet in those colors very easily. and of course.. those little nut cups are stinking cute!
Im already dreading the day that one of my pies doesnt want to hang with me. But I know it will happen... someday. so Im making the most of the ones I have with them now.
sorry about the birdies! darn animals just being animals.. how dare they! lol!!
have a great weekend my friend
xoxo
vivian

Theresa said...

Oh those velvet pumpkins are adorable:) It will be time to put them out soon! Enjoy your day dear Deb, hope you get to shop with the Grandgirl:) Hugs!

Shirley Hatfield said...

I've been loving teal with dark orange the past few years for fall decor...so that teal velvet pumpkin really caught my eye! They'll be great on your mantel!

Oliva Ohlson said...

So sad about birdies, but it's too hard to stay mad at your fur Babies!

You always find the best vintage treasures!!! The velvet pumpkins are a big score! BTW...you really have to stop by Empty the Nest, and right across it there's a Culvers. I tried the Raspberry Chocolate Malt...DELICIOUS!!!

Helen and her Daughters said...

I love the nut cups and the velvet pumpkins! What a great score!

Heidi Meyer said...

What a great score!! I love the retro nut cups - so cute!!

Joy H said...

Love the velvet pumpkins and all the fall goodies. I couldn't believe it
when I went to Michael's yesterday and they already had Halloween stuff out.
Wow! We have been having a lot of fun at Estate Sales lately too. Gerry found
a really nice gazing ball and I found some tiny teapots :)
Joy @ Books and Life