Sunday, August 28, 2016

This weekends Treasures


Hubby had the week off of work, so we had a "stay-cation". We went to the state fair, ate out a few times :), and of course we went to a FEW estate sales. All the photos are treasures we found Friday-Sunday.  We also bought a small table, lawyers bookcase, and Free chairs. I rarely take photos of furniture.




I always look for hankies and Valentines.




Folding rulers sell as well as baby ben clocks even if they don't work! The round rocks in the wood bowl are crystal rocks. I may try to crack one open.  Vintage Red Owl is fun to find.





Time to find Christmas goodies. The elf's should sell quickly. The brush bottle tree is vintage and could be missing some of it's ornaments.


Small mirrors are good sellers. Pretty sure these brush bottle tree's aren't too old.

My son will be 37 on Tuesday. I will be making ribs, coleslaw, cornbread muffins, beans and Mom is making the angel food chocolate toffee cake, which we all LOVE!

I can smell fall in the air this week. I know many of us LOVE FALL!  Sept is a few days away.

Enjoy these last weeks of summer!
deb

19 comments:

Theresa said...

Oh what a great load of goodies:). Hankies always draw me to them. Enjoy your dey dear Deb! Hugs

Jane said...

Lots of goodies! I always enjoy seeing your finds!

craftyles said...

Such fun treasures. Glad you had fun at the fair. My brother lives in Minn. and they went last week and will go again. Have a fun dinner this week too!

Junkchiccottage said...

Deb you always find the best vintage treasures. Love the valentines especially the firefighter. Too cute.
Have a great new week ahead.
Kris

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I always think of you when I look for hankies! What fun goodies you found. A staycation can be so much fun. Now I want to try angel food chocolate toffee cake...it sounds amazing!
hugs!!

Curtains in My Tree said...


Oh I like all your new finds. I never see little valentine cards guess maybe i'm not looking close enough to piles of things?
I had several dozen hankes and sold them all in a yard sale some man bought all of them.
You always find real cute items

Melissa Stanley said...

Ooo... Lots of great finds!!

20 North Ora said...

Great finds! Love all of the hankerchiefs. You did good!

Judy

Rose L said...

I have been missing so much since my body damaging fall in May! I love seeing others hunting for treasures but wish I could.

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

What great finds, Deb! My second oldest is 39 today! Your meal sounds yummy, and the chocolate toffee angel food cake sounds...angelic!! Save me a slice, please, and Happy birthday to your son.

Shirley Hatfield said...

Love treasure hunting! Went to an antique mall store in Durango, Colorado and bought a 2'by 4' Navajo Rug. I have always wanted one and the price was surprisingly reasonable. I love the colors of red, brown, tan, cream and black. Very happy!

vivian said...

I always feel the need to go thrifting after I see what everyone else finds! I just want to find vintage halloween and christmas stuff! I have Halloween on the brain right now! lol!
I have a huge bag of hankies all folded and pressed that were myhusbands great aunts. she died a few months ago and Tonys mother gave them to me. I used to make angels and dressesd them in the hankies. I may have to make a couple this year! Have a great week!
xoxo
vivian

Barbara said...

Such nice finds! We had one of those salt shakers when I was little, boy I'm tellin' my age!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The Valentines are such a fun find! And I love the little pixies. They are getting harder to find. Enjoy your week and birthday celebrations! Hugs, Diane

Connie Mercer said...

love all those treasures!!! The carpenters rulers are getting harder to find. Great finds :)

Diane Mars said...

You sure did find some great treasures! I love all the Christmas goodies... I will be stopping in on some Thrift Shops this week lets see what I find?

Mindy Whipple said...

I love those sweet vintage hankies and the bottle brushes are sweet as well. Great finds!

Boopnut said...

Oh gosh! I am sure we had vintage Red Owl and I know I had the brush trees and got rid of all that stuff! It must be so much fun to go and "hunt."
Deb

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

I always love your finds, Deb...lots of little treasures! I am loving this weather, too!