Monday, December 5, 2016

Christmas Luncheon Tablesettings


Saturday was the Christmas luncheon at church and this darling dress form was made by one of the talented ladies on the committee. She is so talented. She also made the faux food on the trays.


I love the colors the hostess used. Love the snow flake plates.



Red and white are a favorite color scheme that was used.


Love the square plates and the shoehorns are a favor. So unique.



I set this table and used paper plates with my Cup of Christmas teacups. I didn't have enough and used some other Christmas teacups. I used paper plates to encourage other ladies to set a table in case they don't have china.



I also set this table, again with paper plates.  I added candles after I took the photo.





I think this is my favorite one!! She used a bedspread on top and the snowflake plates. This was set by a mom & daughter!

Altogether there were 18 tables that were set for this event. 153 ladies/girls signed up.  I set 2 tables because we didn't have enough hostess.  We also had a candy bar for all to get treats from. This year my daughter and grandgirl came along with my mom & middle sister and a couple of friends.

Now I have time to get my Christmas cards done, wrap a few presents, buy a few gifts and maybe bake some cookies, hubby's favorite.

Merry Christmas....I have heard people saying this greeting this year! Hooray!
warmly,
deb

16 comments:

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

The tables all looked beautiful!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Very beautiful! I love the festive reds best and it's nice to mix things up and use those pretty paper plates too! Holiday hugs, Diane

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I love the tables and what a fun time. I would love to know how you organize this as I might see if my church would do this next year. It looks like fun! Merry Christmas!

Debbie said...

New follower here, and I've been enjoying your posts. It was hard to decide which table was the prettiest. Loved the diversity of color and designs. I so appreciated your use of paper plates with your elegant teacups. Great idea behind it and no one would find it wanting. I'm sure it was a great success. I'm attending one of these Friday evening at a tearoom. Eager to see their style. Merry Christmas!

Rose L said...

Love the dressed dress form. Pretty table settings.

Monica said...

I liked your table with the vintage print tablecloth & the "joy" paper plates the best! Nice, vintage look!

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Deb, love all the fabulous decorated tables. Yours are gorgeous and I like the idea using paper plates. Love the different tea cups. So pretty. The dress form to greet everyone is beautiful. Looks like all went well and the event was another huge success.
Merry Christmas my friend. xo

Jocelyn said...

Beautiful tables Deb. So festive!

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

I really enjoyed seeing the tablescapes, nothing better to me, lol. Yours are so pretty, love the believe plates. How cute is that dress form! :)

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

The dress form is decorated so beautifully, as is each and every table. I like that you used paper plates because you're so right, not everyone has Christmas dishes. The paper products are so festive, and the best part, no washing!! What a fun time it must've been for all the ladies. Merry Christmas, Deb!

Junkchiccottage said...

Deb I love them all. Each table is so pretty. Glad your luncheon was a wonderful time. Happy Holidays.
Hugs,
Kris

20 North Ora said...

Loved all of the tablescapes. I think it is great you used those gorgeous paper plates because I agree with you - a lot of the ladies don't participate in something like this because they don't have that much china and silver. Great idea.

Judy

Joy H said...

Oh my, they are all beautiful and as pretty as can be, thanks for sharing!
Looks like a lot of fun too!

vivian said...

I love all the tables you showed. and the paperplates that you used are beautiful actually! I live on paperplates and I always buy seasonal one.. just to be a little special. great displays.. thanks for sharing!
xoxo
vivian

Helen Philipps said...

Beautiful tablescapes...love how different they all are. So glad you had a happy time...thank you for sharing. Happy holidays!
Helen xox

Oliva Ohlson said...

I love these type of posts from your church ladies luncheons!!! All the tables are perfect & so beautiful. It was so nice of you to start a trend by using very pretty holiday paper plates. I can't wait to this with my church ladies.
Today I'm taking it easy and will work on Christmas cards!
Hugs